by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Group Chat is visible to non-group members, Team chat doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Everyone can see what the group writes in the chat. And the messages sent in the Team channel are not sent to the players
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Szaby59
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Group chat bug: Create a party and use the group chat. Team chat bug: use the team chat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Group chat bug: Players not in the party can see the group chat. Team chat bug: the player sending the message still can see them, but it's not forwarded to the rest of the players in the team.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I noticed this yesterday and today when I was not in the group and could still see their communication, even the chat was green.

The team chat was told by my friend, I tried to communicate with the team but he said he didn't see anything and no one else responded. I haven't seen a team chat message since the new Chat was released in February.

Message 1 of 8 (1,821 Views)

Re: Group Chat is visible to non-group members, Team chat messages are not sent

★★ Guide

Bump

There is also an issue with the Team chat.

Message 2 of 8 (1,704 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Szaby59 I've noticed the same thing. I've played in a group with my brother and players not in our group were able to see our private group chat.
Message 3 of 8 (1,685 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yep! I can confirm it happens on my end as well, both seeing the group chat of others that aren't in a group with me, and having others seeing the group chat of my group.

It was a BUG we had at launch, it took them many months (or maybe more then a year) to fix, and now it's back since they changed the chat functionality and UI.

Message 4 of 8 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Team chat seems to be working normally though. I've been playing oftenly with @anidriX recently, and we have used the Team chat exactly because the group chat makes everyone see what we're typing, and both of us can see the Team chat, as well as other players who might be on our team.

@Szaby59 does it happen all the time to you, or have you seen the team chat already since that update?

Message 5 of 8 (1,541 Views)

★★ Guide

Were you in a group during that time ? I think it does work when players in a group are using it but won't work for anyone else.

Message 6 of 8 (1,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Szaby59 
Did some tests about this today. I was in a group.

When I sent a message on Team chat, only my group could see. When I sent a message on Group chat, all my team could see it. It seems only All chat is working as intended

Message 7 of 8 (1,394 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm this BUG hasn't been fixed in the Scarif Update

Message 8 of 8 (1,316 Views)