Re: Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place i

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place i

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Flattening the terrain had no effect unfortunately, and repairing the game again just now did not fix the issue. 

Message 11 of 16 (361 Views)

@shannonnfarmer

And it only happens in live mode? Or build mode too at certain angles? Have you changed the Lot at all?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 16 (350 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Both live and build mode, depending on the angles. Even if you’re at a camera angle where the floor looks visible and normal, still can’t place items. Haven’t tried changing the lot, do you mean just moving this build to a different lot?

I just now placed it in Willow Creek where the 64x64 Magnolia Blossom Park was. This does seem to fix the issue. Thank you!!!

Is there a way to put it back on the original lot without the issue returning? I really wanted it on that Snowy Escape lot. 

Message 13 of 16 (345 Views)
Highlighted

@shannonnfarmer

You could try placing it back on the lot but it seems like the actual lot is at fault. This has happened before, the Honeydew lot in Britechester having issues with block clusters, think it's been fixed now.

Have you edited the lot at all? Added or removed anything? It's the rental that came with the pack I think?

Thanks for checking and testing in WC, brilliant troublshooting Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 16 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thanks so much, I never would have thought to move it! I will play around with it and maybe try again after the next patch. In the meantime, at least the build itself is usable! I put so much time into it, would have been a shame to not be able to adjust those few rooms. 

I don’t think I changed anything on the lot (it was the empty lot next to the rentals), but I’m going to try a new game and place the lot and see if that helps. 

Thanks again for your help, it really means a lot to me that you took time out of your day to help me!

Message 15 of 16 (333 Views)

@shannonnfarmer

You're very welcome Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 16 (327 Views)