Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place items

by shannonnfarmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place items

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just change the camera angle and zoom in and out, or try to place items in rooms where the floors disappears.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floors disappears in some rooms, can see basement/general "blue". Can't place items in those rooms, nothing to delete when trying to delete floors.
What do you expect to see? Ground as normal and items able to be place
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch but I think that is a coincidence.

I've tried removing pools, etc. that I've seen affecting other people with this issue but nothing seems to work. If I copy the room and move it elsewhere, it solves the issue but when I put it back where it goes, the problem comes back. I have also uploaded the lot to the gallery under shannonnfarmer. Here is a video recording of the issue. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18zXdkK3OZJBpwjOjZEkhd66-bHaKmTM3/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 16 (1,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place i

@shannonnfarmer

You could try placing it back on the lot but it seems like the actual lot is at fault. This has happened before, the Honeydew lot in Britechester having issues with block clusters, think it's been fixed now.

Have you edited the lot at all? Added or removed anything? It's the rental that came with the pack I think?

Thanks for checking and testing in WC, brilliant troublshooting Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (1,282 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ground disappearing in certain camera angles in certain rooms, can't place i

Hero
@shannonnfarmer You could attach the picture directly to your post ? Your google link is private.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! The screenshots are too large to attach directly but I think I fixed the link to be public now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18zXdkK3OZJBpwjOjZEkhd66-bHaKmTM3/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 16 (1,067 Views)

@shannonnfarmer 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 16 (1,044 Views)

★ Guide
@shannonnfarmer does the floor stay invisible in live mode if you switch to that when this happens, and if so, can sims walk over it?
Message 5 of 16 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@IngeJones 

Yes and yes. Floor acts totally normal as far as walking, even when going invisible (live and build mode). Just can’t place objects. 

Message 6 of 16 (1,001 Views)

@shannonnfarmer

Can you please provide your Mac specs? This is a known issue with certain models and GPUs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 16 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • Operating System (Version) macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Mac model MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2013
  • Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM) 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • 15" and 16" MacBook Pro users - click on System Report then Graphics/Displays in the left side list. If your Mac has dedicated graphics this will show up as either NVIDIA or AMD in the right side window, please list the specification here as well. N/A 13 inch
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition Normal, not Legacy
  • Are you running any antivirus? Occasional scan with Malwarebytes
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes, had to do this after the latest patch. Game was unplayable, stuck on loading screen. Repairing in Origin fixed this. I will try again now though and update the post if this fixes the issue. 
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? No CC or Mods ever used

Thanks, let me know if I missed anything!

Message 8 of 16 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thanks, I have provided now. The weird thing is I’ve played on this computer since 2013 and have never experienced this issue throughout various builds. Seemed to be related to the platforms maybe? Thanks for your help! 

Message 9 of 16 (995 Views)

@shannonnfarmer

Thanks Standard smile All it takes is a patch or OS update to cause graphical issues but I think this is an issue introduced in the SE patch and that lot does seem a little buggy. Can you flatten the terrain and see if that makes a difference?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 16 (988 Views)