Re: Griefer teamplayers block Artillery Truck's Mortar Barrel

by Its_Travis_199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Griefer teamplayers block Artillery Truck's Mortar Barrel

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug When using Mortar Kit on Artillery Truck, some griefers in your own team deliberately climb onto the Artillery Truck and block the Mortar barrel, causing mortar explosion right after the shooting and damaging the artillery truck itself, hindering artillery truck useless as it is nearly impossible for truck driver to get rid off the player on top of the truck if player is adamant to harrass and refuses to go off.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is easy to reproduce - just let one teammate to climb onto the mortar truck and then use prone position in order to block the barrel. Driver then tries to shoot the mortars but is unable to. What happens when the bug occurs? Blocks the mortar from flying.
What happens when the bug occurs? Blocks the mortar from flying.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

This can't be expected behavior

Message 1 of 6 (2,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Seems I wasn't the only one who thought this is still an issue as Dice actually fixed this - on 30th July patch notes for Battlefield 1:

• Fixed instances where players could grief teammates using shell type weaponry such as mortars and AA guns.

So the issue is fixed now.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,931 Views)

All Replies

Hy there @ComboSlicer

Sry, but this isn't a actual Bug. Standard smile

The vehicle works right, if you shoot and something is in front of the barrel shot will explode right at the impact.

(Same as at the stationary AA Gun, if people climb up on top and you shoot up, it'll hit itself and you! You can see it does the same if you simply shoot the ground right next to the AA.)

The issue here is simply that some stupid players sometimes think it's funny to troll another player for no reason. 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I cannot completely agree with this, this reminds me Battlefield 3 where you were able to kill teammates by driving a vehicle towards your teammate and right before the impact the driver jumped out and teammate was "killed by action" as the empty vehicle rolled over the teammate.
Sure it wasn't technically a bug but nevertheless wasn't expected and Dice fixed it afterwards so that the vehicle just drove past teammate with noclip mode so the player wasn't killed.
To where this should be reported then? Suggestions?
Message 3 of 6 (1,987 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ComboSlicer

I know this thing you mentioned too, also from BF4 times.

Where it's like he get Killed in Action if the empty Vehicle rolled over him right after you jumped out of it.

But this situation is different tho.

The Weapons of the Vehicles are supposed to explode by impact. So if the impact location that it hit is too close to the vehicle, it'll damage itself.(If the rounds are explosive! No normal bullets for sure.)

And if the Teammate blocks the barrel right in front of it, it'll explode right there. (and as long as "Friendly Fire" is OFF on the server, so he won't get killed tho.)

And as long as you sit in the Vehicle, it's the same Team you guys will be on, so it can't kill him. And things like that in BF4 are happening just because there is no Teammate in the vehicle, so it's random....and he get Killed in Action cause something happend to him!(by a empty Vehicle)

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Seems I wasn't the only one who thought this is still an issue as Dice actually fixed this - on 30th July patch notes for Battlefield 1:

• Fixed instances where players could grief teammates using shell type weaponry such as mortars and AA guns.

So the issue is fixed now.

Message 5 of 6 (1,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Don´t blame the team, blame the driver.
A truck camping somewhere at the edge of the map doesn´t help your team at all.
Sad to see that this has been patched as it has never been a real issue, but that´s just my personal opinion.

Edit to clarify: Someone standing in front of your AA trying to kill you (because he wants to use it himself) is a no-go, but every time I see a vehicle standing somewhere in a safe spot trying to kill enemies from a distance, it makes me wish someone would destroy his tank. I guess there are pros and cons, the new patch is OK after all.
Luckily BFV won´t have the same problem, because vehicles won´t have unlimited ammo. Standard smile 

Message 6 of 6 (1,781 Views)