Product: FIFA 18
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? SaskaJared
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Single Player Draft
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/05/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:10 am
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure you can if its my graphics card.
What happens when the bug occurs? Graphics card crash every pack opening.
What should be happening instead? Not crash?

I just cleaned out my PC this week after having a couple odd graphics card crashes during game play last week. This actually started last Saturday in the middle of a Squad Battle which caused a DC and zero points. Then when my weekly pack came in and I opened it, the graphics card crashed again. After a ton of testing and cleaning, I found no more game play crashes on Low to Ultra high settings and various frame rates all documented with core temps in each game played on each different setting. BUT... then I tried a Draft and got through 4 games no problem until the pack openings. Every single pack I have opened has caused a graphics card crash since Saturday, not including contract packs, only player packs where the "walkout" animation begins. The screen goes to the black background and the sound of the pack opening comes on but does not advance past that, it just gives a Windows error box and click OK to restart and its back to normal. No other games, programs, apps, windows cause this. ONLY FIFA. 

Does anyone else have this issue or is it possible my graphics card has been played out? (Over 1000 games played this season so far!) And yes, the first thing I did was update my driver as is suggested in the error message.

Message 1 of 13 (1,333 Views)

Re: Graphics Card Crash During Pack Openings

Community Manager (retired)

@SaskaTube

Thanks for reaching out. Can you post your DxDiag here so I can have a look? 

Message 2 of 13 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Aidan wrote:

@SaskaTube

@EA_Aidan

Here is the DXDiag. Thanks.

Message 3 of 13 (1,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aidan

May you check PM that i have sent at you?

Message 4 of 13 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Aidan

The latest update to my Radeon graphics driver includes a new option called "Chill" when turned on is supposed to stabilize many new E-sports games. I managed to drop my GPU usage to 73% from 99% and my temperature from 75C to 68C. Making some progress here trying to win the Budesliga so I can try and open another pack with Radeon Chill enabled. Will keep you updated. Doing computer diagnostics is my second favorite thing to do besides playing FIFA lol

2018jan4fifaMg60fps.JPG

2018jan4fifaMg60fps_RadChill.JPG

Message 5 of 13 (1,289 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Aidan wrote:

@SaskaTube

It just happened again. I won a two player pack in weekly rewards and upon opening, it crashed again. This time I wrote down the error message:

DirectXFunction 'GetDeviceRemovedReason' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG .GPU ", Driver: 17.12.1 (17.50.02-171206a-321058c-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin)

@EA_Aidan

Here is the DxDiag I updates right after this most recent crash:

Message 6 of 13 (1,274 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@SaskaTube

System seems fine. 

Do you know what version of .net framework you're on? 

-Aido

Message 7 of 13 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Aidan

.NET Framework 4.7.1

Message 8 of 13 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Aidan

This is still happening. Can't open player packs without a crash. And btw, the graphics card is not crashing, its FIFA 100%. The error box comes on and I click ok and the game closes and the rest of the computer is 100% fine. I even did a ton of computer maintenance and moved FIFA off my SSD to my HDD, uninstalled FIFA 17 and 18 and reinstalled 18 on the HDD in case there was a conflict there. Now I am deleting all Origin files off the SSD which should never have been there in the first place. Also, MSAA has now been shut off. What else can I do to try and solve this issue? I am going to take a break from FIFA for a few days this week and hopefully you guys can issue an update. I found this problem listed in the forums when the game came out in September, other people have complained of this issue. It is either a Windows Update issue or a FIFA Update issue, clearly not my graphics card. All other games and programs work flawlessly.

Thanks again for any advice on this topic.

Message 9 of 13 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Im using a 7970 AMD graphic card, and when i open a pack, the game crashes with the same error...

Message 10 of 13 (1,167 Views)