Graphical Glitches Since Seasons Released

by l_LilMagician_l

Original Post

Graphical Glitches Since Seasons Released

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Jungle Adventure and My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For the poorly rendered backdrops, play in Newcrest or Windenburg during a rainy, cloudy night, or early in the morning. For the roof decorations, tilt the camera around from a distance and they'll eventually show through.
What happens when the bug occurs? During certain weather/times of day, backdrops are outlined or strangely shaded; basically they look faker than usual. Clouds overlap the mountains backdrop. Roof decorations are visible through the walls and roof. One of the hats has a missing line in the back.
What do you expect to see? Properly colored and shaded backdrops that don't stick out like a sore thumb. Roof deco that doesn't show through the walls or roofs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This was only noticeable after Seasons released

07-06-18_7-32-43 PM.png07-06-18_7-32-43 PM.png06-27-18_7-04-00 PM.png06-25-18_6-40-08 PM.png06-28-18_1-42-14 PM.png07-04-18_3-43-45 PM.png06-28-18_2-25-09 PM.png

Sorry for the long original post, but I just wanted to show what I was talking about. First 3 pictures show the poorly-rendered backdrops in Newcrest, while the 4th one shows the clouds overlapping the mountains in Windenburg. 5th is obviously the glitched hat, and the last 2 show the roof decorations clipping through the roof. Note that the backdrops do not always look bad, but just during certain weather conditions or time of day. There is also a thread on the Sims 4 regarding the same bad backdrops problem in San Myshuno.

Also wanted to mention that I have a GTX 960 and my settings are on Ultra.

Message 1 of 1 (293 Views)