Grand arena matchup after update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPhone
OS Version Newest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 297544961
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug After the recent changes, the matched group I found myself in is wildly mismatched.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check some of the groups
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Us

0D774D1E-9B7C-4924-8DF2-6EE8867FF242.png

71B6D7D9-42D2-4F68-9A08-BA357E34621B.png

Before the changes to matchmaking, the total gp was always almost always identical between the matched players, now there is wildly different totals, and also different squad gp between us. In the lowest in both areas, and this opponent is the second lowest. 

I get leaving out ship gp, but there are other factors at play with higher total gp players, such as longer time into the game, so more mods, zetas, etc. I use the dsr bot in discord to compare my stuff to others, and I have about 60% of what my opponents have, in every category. That's not well matched at all.

My point is, either it's a bug and I was misplaced in a higher tier, or the matching system is broken.

Message 1 of 5 (285 Views)

Re: Grand arena matchup after update

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Don't think it's a bug, as your character GP is pretty close.

If you think it doesn't make sense as a matchmaking system, you are welcome to leave feedback on the official forum. 

Message 2 of 5 (265 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Can't be intended to have 8 players with extremely different total gp, and also varying toon gp right? Everyone in my guild has identical opponents in character gp, and also almost identical totals. How did I end up in the leftover group of random numbers?
Message 3 of 5 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Also gotta point out that that toon gp pic is a current one, not before lock. Since lock I've increased two toons from g9 to g11, applied a zeta, and level two from 1 to 85- adding enough gear and abilities as I could. I've gone up quite a lot since lock in..
Message 4 of 5 (250 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can't speak to what's intended, but bugs are things where the code is not functioning as designed. Healing through healing immunity, giant character model fliating on cantina screen, etc.

This would be more of an example of a design flaw if you disagree with it; it is therefore feedback rather than a bug report.

Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)