Grand arena freeze

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Note 9
OS Version Android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 256513686
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug When attacking, some times the game just freezes. This instance will likely cause a loss in my grand arena round
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I will attach a screenshot of my team vs their team and how its frozen.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Rounds freeze randomly

Heroes_2020-03-11-18-58-43.jpg
Message 1 of 11 (666 Views)

Re: Grand arena freeze

★ Novice
@SpiderWyv3rn Mine also froze around that time (4:49 for me)
Message 2 of 11 (659 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @SpiderWyv3rn and sorry to hear that.

Looking at our logs it appears you've lost your internet connection and all attempts to restore it failed, resulting in the battle not to complete. Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection when playing.

Message 3 of 11 (618 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had to force close the app. Your records reflect my force closing. My Jolee called GMY to assist at the 4:51 mark and the game froze. I have lost connection In the past and I am able to complete the round. I get a retry connection error message at the end. I can not accept this as an answer. Can you please investigate past the force close of the game?

Message 4 of 11 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same happened to me.

And today a second time not in a battle. Before recent update game was always stable. 

Screenshot_20200311_223840_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg
Message 5 of 11 (603 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here I am... losing because the one battle I cant do because game froze

Screenshot_20200312-140529_Heroes.jpg
Message 6 of 11 (602 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Abigor_Mac Well you should have better internet according this the accepted answer
Message 7 of 11 (601 Views)

@SpiderWyv3rn The way combat in the game works, your phone sends the server a signal, indicating which characters you will attack with and designating the opponent squad you are attacking.

The server then marks your characters as used, adds 1 to the combat attempts, and then tells your device to battle. At that point, the entire combat takes place on your local device, whether or not you are online. This is why some players will turn on airplane mode after they start a battle.

After the battle is finished, your device sends a signal to the server indicating the final results.

The details of what occur inside the battle are not visible to the game server, or the battle logs. So QA can't tell you what happened on your device, except for whatever error communication was sent to the server (in this case the signal related to a connection error).

QA tries to replicate bugs by cloning player accounts and attempting similar battles on their local devices, which can capture any glitches. However, if the issue is specific to your device, they usually will be unable to replicate.

★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 I fully understand the c0ncept of airplane mode. The battle was initiated the AI went first. The issue had nothing to due with connection. I attacked with GMY, then called GMY to assist with my Jolee. The the game froze.
Message 9 of 11 (539 Views)

@SpiderWyv3rn I just point out that they literally don't have access to any other information from the battle in your device. You were asking them to investigate further. They can still test similar battles but there is no data from your freeze to collect.