Grand arena bug

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung a8 2018
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 598-131-214
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Grand arena never started. When i try to enter it, pop up message appears with a message that there is no grand arena events active. I tried each dah several times to check but it never appeared.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check my account
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Lithuania

Help me

Screenshot_20181222-233034_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

Re: Grand arena bug

★★ Novice
Region is europe
Message 2 of 7 (471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem on a Pixel2XL in the USA. 

Participated in one event that errored out. Participated in second event and lost.

Check multiple times a day for signup, never available.

Message 3 of 7 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve had same problem. 

The only answer I’ve found is “you should contact customer support during signup phase”. 

If you don’t know when signup phase is, it’s hard to,contact customer support. 

Message 4 of 7 (322 Views)

The sign-up periods are announced in the official forums (on the Event Calendar). I also strongly recommend that your guild announce the signup periods. A good guild should look out for all its members.

It is a bit of a catch-22: how do you know to sign up if you're never notified? I've seen some people that say in order to get the GA notifications to appear, your app needs to be closed and restarted (or reloaded by logging into another device). Unfortunately, players again would have no prompt to do that.

The "solution" about contacting customer support during signup is no really a solution - but within that 24 hour period is the only time that you can be helped. After the matchmaking occurs, there are no other players to match you with.

★★ Novice
I log into my account several times/day. Restarting the app doesn’t help.
Neither do your answers to the issue.
I’ve done GA several times in the past but this time it didn’t allow me to signup. This doesn’t have anything to do with me or my device. This is an EA issue.
Message 6 of 7 (303 Views)

And again - the only time EA can help you is during the 24 hour sign-up period. After that, you cannot be placed into an active Grand Arena.

This is why I recommended that you and the players you game with should form a support group. I'm a guild leader, and I update the guild banner when the signup period starts to notify my guild. I also send out a Discord notification to my guild informing them of the signup period.

So hopefully if one of them had an issue actually signing up for the GA, they would identify that problem during the signup period when they can be helped.

Right now the date for the next GA has not been announced, so I can't tell you when the signup period will start. I recommend you keep an eye out on the official Calendar of Events on the swgoh forums:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

Sorry I can't add anything else - I'm just explaining the current situation and your options. Bug fixes and improvements to the GA notifications have to come from EA.