Grand Arena timeout battle progress lost

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Apple iPad 2
OS Version 13.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 577-284-261
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Grand Arena time out bug.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had to step away from my device for 15-20 minutes to handle a family issue. When I came back rather than going to a draw screen and leaving the battle progress, I lost all progress.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I was in a Grand Arena battle and was called away, when my child was injured. I came back 15-20 minutes later expecting to find that I had timed out and my battle progress would be saved, but instead I lost all progress and the team was used.

The result of my losing that progress in the battle is that I cannot beat the final team, and that I will fail to make Kyber.

Message 1 of 7 (631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena timeout battle progress lost

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TyrVsGarm and sorry for the delayed reply (thanks for tagging me tho!).

I checked our logs and it appears the battle timed out on the server-side, counting it as a forfeit, which is working as intended. Sorry about that.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (415 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TyrVsGarm and thank you for the report.

Can you provide us with more details about the battle? When did it occur, what team were you going against, what team did you use, etc.? Thanks!

Message 2 of 7 (578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The time was approximately 2330 UTC (1930 EST/7:30 pm).  So roughly two Football hours into the attack phase.  I sent a Sith Empire team (Darth Revan Heart, Bastilla Shan (Fallen), HK-47, Darth Malik, Sith Empire Trooper) against a General Grievous droid team (GRievous Heart, B2, B1, Magnaguard, Droideka).

The battle progressed fairly normally,  Began with Darth Revan’s Insanity, and standard moves thereafter.  After Revan’s Force Storm on his second turn, Grievous had a death ark and was taken out.  He had marked Droideka so it was next to go.  I then focused down B1.  At which point I was called away.

When I returned I assumed the battle would have timed out and I could mop up the team for a win.  However, it gave me a message indicating that the Grand Arena battle or event had expired (do not recall the exact wording).  It took me back to the grand arena match, and it was as if the battle had Been forfeited—Full health and protection for all of the Greivous team.  At that point, I tried throwing the kitchen sink at the team, and I have been able to elimate all the characters in subsequent battles but for Grievous.

I am incredibly frustrated as winning this match would have given me the necessary banners to make Kyber as I am only 1100 points short.  I am missing out on a lot of rewards for a seeming glitch on the timeout.

Message 3 of 7 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

Sorry for the emojis added....the hearts were my attempt to indicate leader by using an “L” in parentheses.

Message 4 of 7 (550 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand It has now been more than 48 hours since I provided the requested information. May I get a status update?
Message 5 of 7 (488 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand Any news?
Message 6 of 7 (449 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TyrVsGarm and sorry for the delayed reply (thanks for tagging me tho!).

I checked our logs and it appears the battle timed out on the server-side, counting it as a forfeit, which is working as intended. Sorry about that.

Message 7 of 7 (416 Views)