Grand Arena opponent had no defenses set

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPad
OS Version Current iOS
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 587-741-283
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Opponent set no defenses in Grand Arena, now I cannot earn any Quest rewards
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a Grand Arena and set no defenses for one of the teams
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

My opponent in the second attempt at Grand Arena set no defenses. As a result, I was not able to launch any attacks, and cannot earn any advancement in several Quests, including successful Grand Arena attacks, using characters in undersized Grand Arena squads, and so on. I seem to recall in the description for Grand Arena that defenses would automatically filled if someone didn’t get a chance to set them. It seems patently unfair that I cannot earn advancement and rewards because another player decided not to participate after joining the event.

Message 1 of 19 (2,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena opponent had no defenses set

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. While this is not a bug, we are looking into how it works with opponents not setting up defenses.
If anything from the current functionality changes, it will be announced on this section of the official forum:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (2,003 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
Opponents ally code is 477-422-988
Message 2 of 19 (2,040 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. While this is not a bug, we are looking into how it works with opponents not setting up defenses.
If anything from the current functionality changes, it will be announced on this section of the official forum:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-
Message 3 of 19 (2,004 Views)

★★ Novice

My opponent only set a strong ship (which I couldn’t beat) and no defensive squads. He/she defeated all of mine and I had nothing to attack but the ship. Ultimately I lost because I had nothing to attack. He/she ended up with 2 wins overall and I only got 1 win which meant I was lower in the prizes. This shouldn’t be allowed. If you don’t set a defense you should be penalised. 

My ally code is 589-635-422. 

964401A3-59B2-4473-8F80-4F066997244A.png
4DC13A35-2C9C-4F5A-BB4E-8C0868530B32.png
7AF1C359-40C4-46E9-9E6C-37713A85071C.png
Message 4 of 19 (1,877 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here and its total BS. Aint much fun losing when you dont even get to try. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,836 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It's a cheat what do you need to look into. Do you want everyone setting no units on defense?

Message 6 of 19 (1,834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

in 3v3 GA i just had exactly this issue.

Opponent placed no defenses.  I do not know if this is a bug or this is a cheat preventing me from getting the 100k credits per battle.  Either case, this is another black eye for CG.  Please fix this issue.

Thank you.

Chuck Reimer

Ally Code: 134-828-134

Message 7 of 19 (1,812 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This is happening again in the 3v3 GA, after it was stated that defense would auto set.
Message 8 of 19 (1,795 Views)

★★★ Novice
Also had this situation, get EA_Mindtricks can you credit me the 800k credits and quest progress I got screwed out of? My opponent gets these things, but gets to screw me out of them. Is this really as you've stated "working as intended"?
Message 9 of 19 (1,780 Views)

Given the current points setup, it is impossible for your opponent to win. So while you can’t advance quests or earn the credits, you also are now guaranteed at least one zeta because you can’t end up in 8th place!

One more win in the next two rounds will give you another zeta.

They intended an auto deploy function, but it was too buggy, so had to roll it back. Hopefully in the future, it will return to allow players to clean up terrible squads, and simultaneously make it harder for an opponent to clear your board in response.