Grand Arena not active

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung s8
OS Version Android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 458-627-528
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Grand Arena not active.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my grand arena table!
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United Kingdom

Whenever I go to check grand arena it says it's not active at this time! I having been playing daily for over 3 years and check it every day! It has said the same thing everyday since last grand arena! This is not acceptable as I will now loose out on rewards I desperately need and deserve!! This needs to be sorted out asap and i think some sort of compensation should be forthcoming as a loyal long time player. Please don't try saying I must have missed the sign up period because I promise you that is not true, and as I have said previously I have checked it daily!!!!
I hope you can sort this out asap because I want to play the next round.

Screenshot_20190121-233943_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 10 (841 Views)

Re: Grand Arena not active

Hey, sorry to hear you missed out. I can't speak for what issues exist in terms of missing notifications or it giving you the pictured message even if the GA is actually active.

Unfortunately what I can tell you is that you can't be inserted into a GA for the next round. The 8-man brackets are already set, so there's no opportunity to insert you into one. The time to "fix" an issue like this is during the 24-hour window.

For that reason, I strongly suggest several things:
1) Check the SWGOH forums to see the sign-up dates
2) Get your guildmates to announce when sign-up period starts - look out for each other!
3) If it is in the 24-hour period, yet yours isn't showing up, that's the time to contact customer support and get help.

I know none of that helps you right now, unfortunately. Frown

★ Apprentice

I missed the sign up phase, too despite waiting for the event and clicking on the GA table often. It happened also to several players last December. Daily 600 player, forum checker, and missed the event for lack of in-game cues.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Lack-of-cues-lead-to-Grand-Arena-et-al-being-missed/m-p/736326...

Message 3 of 10 (794 Views)

★★ Novice
I have an iPad and have also checked every day and GA says no event active.
Getting screwed by others getting rewards and not even being able to try.
Message 4 of 10 (782 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had 2 guildmates - launch date players (so 3 years plugged into this game) - they know what they're doing.  I announced GA - they knew about it - everyone else seemed to have gotten in fine but these 2 could not.

I've seen a few concerns that people needed to restart the app to ensure they saw it. 

I have no clue - I got in fine - just kind of posting on their behalf.

Message 5 of 10 (751 Views)

@PremierVenoth Those players really needed to contact customer support during that 24 hour sign-up period. If they just waited until it ended and "hoped" they would get in...then there's no opportunity for QA or Customer Support to help them.

★★★ Guide

You're preaching to the converted - I told them that already.

But I get it - it's a PITA for some people to find time to make an account and do that.  I mean, if I couldn't get away with it at work I might not either.

So, here I am, speaking for the tree's...

Message 7 of 10 (738 Views)

The Lorax is always unappreciated.

Rather than making an AnswersHQ account (QA Support is not always available), players can contact EA Customer Support for more immediate assistance.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-war...

★★★ Newbie

So do EA not respond on this medium???

I appreciate your response but like you quite clearly stated none of it helps me! Your reasoning to the problem is logical but no one does anything like that until a problem arises for the first time. So, moving forward my guild will be looking out for each other. 

More importantly EA/CG need to sort out their issues as it's quite clearly a bigger problem than just me reading through the other posts. They are always very quick to try and fleece us for cash but seem to do very little when there is a problem. I want some compensation for the rewards i will miss out on through their mess up, not mine!!!

Message 9 of 10 (696 Views)

★★ Novice
I’ve had the same issue and the answer is always from a moderator never from EA.
Just a simple email from EA announcement of GA signup would help.
Message 10 of 10 (678 Views)