Grand Arena missing

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 949-143-784
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug The grand arena event has been missing. I’ve beem checking my phone since yesterday. Even restarted twice. Never was given the option to sign up. I play daily.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just check the grand arena section
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

picture of message I keep getting since yesterday

367E4447-A0F6-4CA9-9853-F5235C5FDC9E.png
Message 1 of 6 (456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena missing

Hi @Dro1dm0de and thanks for the report!

Sign-up for this Grand Arena ended at 1700 Eastern time yesterday. After that point, all registered players have been matched into 8-man groups, and nobody else can be added.

It's a bit of a Catch-22, but if you need technical assistance joining a GA, you need to contact support while the sign-up period is open, but if you don't see the GA, you may not know that it's open. I suggest you ask your guild to send out messages when sign-ups begin, that way everyone will get notified.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (439 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Dro1dm0de and thanks for the report!

Sign-up for this Grand Arena ended at 1700 Eastern time yesterday. After that point, all registered players have been matched into 8-man groups, and nobody else can be added.

It's a bit of a Catch-22, but if you need technical assistance joining a GA, you need to contact support while the sign-up period is open, but if you don't see the GA, you may not know that it's open. I suggest you ask your guild to send out messages when sign-ups begin, that way everyone will get notified.

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I check the GA everyday and have not had a GA event since the event after GA launch. I am not missing the join time. I check it everyday.

Message 3 of 6 (417 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem, except on an Android phone. GA sign ups never showed up, despite the fact that I've clicked on the table to check the event everyday for the last week.

Telling us to rely on other players who may or may not be experiencing the same bug isn't a satisfactory work-around. 

Message 4 of 6 (407 Views)

★★ Novice
I've had the same issue too. Seriously asking the guild to make an announcement only works if it's possible to join. Clearly there's a technical issue here affecting the player base.
Message 5 of 6 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]

These sorts of issues plagued a small number of players for Territory War sign-ups for about 6 months, and it's now being seen in a small scale for GA signups as well.

One of the big hurdles the QA team has struggled with is investigating these issues. Since they impact such a tiny fraction of the population, hoping that a Dev or QA account is impacted is not practical. However, when QA reviews server logs for impacted players, there has never been any indication of a problem - the logs just show that for the GA/TW, this player never registered.

However, if a guild announces that GA registration is active, and then a player says "wait a minute - my GA still says that there's no event!" - if the player will contact customer support or QA during that time period, then perhaps an investigation will yield fruit.

It's not unreasonable for players to ask for fixes. But until EA can figure out that there's a technical problem, there's very little that they can do. Some players have reported that the GA didn't show up until they force-closed their app and restarted it. But if you don't know the GA is there, what would prompt you to do it? Hopefully your guild can act as a support group.

I personally think that generating an in-game email to everyone's inbox that just says "GA Registration has begun, click here to go to the registration" (similar to raid emails) would be a great way to help this issue.

So yes, this is a difficult situation. However, in the few months of GA going on (and the previous months that TW signups had a similar issue), we never once had a player come to this page and say "We are in registration period and I can't see the event, help me!" It's always a day or two after registration ended. If a player gets more notification of the registration period, perhaps EA support can help prevent that player from missing the event, and also help determine the root cause of the issue (such as if the player client is missing specific downloaded elements).

I know this explanation doesn't help you with the current GA that is being missed, but I'm trying to help you understand the struggles with this issue, and also why I recommend everyone's guild should act as a support structure. It's not ideal to rely on other players for this, but it certainly could help.