Re: Grand Arena matchmaking algorithm not properly weighing character vs ship GP

by jedilord1

Original Post

Grand Arena matchmaking algorithm not properly weighing character vs ship GP

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? N/A
OS Version 4.4.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 343232137
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The match making algorithm isn't properly calculating GP. It is using total GP and not relevant GP. Since 100% of the battles are characters, only the character GP should be used in match making. For example: My opponent's GP is 838,554 and he has nearly 0 fleet GP (he has 6 x 1star ships and 3 x 1star capital ships). My GP is 838,632 with 426,856 character GP and 408,326 fleet GP. So our total GP is balanced. HOWEVER, his character GP is twice my character GP and there's no fleet battles. If there's no fleet battles, why is fleet GP included in the calculation? Character and Ship GP should be weighted based on the number of possible banners awarded. If the banners are 50/50 then using total GP is fine. However, if 100% of the banners are from characters, then 0% of the ship GP should be used in the calculation. If in the actual release, there's 25% of banners awarded in fleet, then the ship GP should be weighted at 25% and the character GP at 75%. This will give a proper balance and fair competitive fights between players.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

The match making algorithm isn't properly calculating GP. It is using total GP and not relevant GP. Since 100% of the battles are characters, only the character GP should be used in match making.

For example:

My opponent's GP is 838,554 and he has nearly 0 fleet GP (he has 6 x 1star ships and 3 x 1star capital ships).

My GP is 838,632 with 426,856 character GP and 408,326 fleet GP.

So our total GP is balanced. HOWEVER, his character GP is twice my character GP and there's no fleet battles. If there's no fleet battles, why is fleet GP included in the calculation?

Character and Ship GP should be weighted based on the number of possible banners awarded. If the banners are 50/50 then using total GP is fine. However, if 100% of the banners are from characters, then 0% of the ship GP should be used in the calculation.

If in the actual release, there's 25% of banners awarded in fleet, then the ship GP should be weighted at 25% and the character GP at 75%. This will give a proper balance and fair competitive fights between players.

My opponent:

• 730k character GP
  • 107k ship GP

Me:

• 427k character GP
  • 442k ship GP (includes 5* Chimeria ~35k received today after lockout)

My character match up is 730k (them) vs 427k (me) GP. Nearly twice the relevant GP. Only character GP is relevant because character battles are 100% of banners awarded.

Message 1 of 9 (710 Views)

Re: Grand Arena matchmaking algorithm not properly weighing character vs ship GP

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm in the same boat, my opponent and I have the same overall gp, but he has over  twice as many g11 - g12 chars as I do and over twice as many zetas, the difference? I built up my ships and he didn't, now I'm paying for it.

Message 2 of 9 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the matchmaking is disgusting at all (also in TW), not only for ships...

the best you can do in future:
don´t buy/farm any toon as long as you can´t pull them to g12+ instantly as you activate that toon...
and don´t buy/farm ships at all

Message 3 of 9 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My opponent has also 270k (~20% more GP) for characters. 

I will not have a chance at all!

Message 4 of 9 (658 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, thanks for the report. Can you please provide your Ally Code so we can look into it?

Thank you.
Message 5 of 9 (634 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My Ally Code: 991-562-329

My Opponent 

My Opponent.PNG

Me:

Me.PNG

Message 6 of 9 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I have very similar problem. My total GP is around 780k and my opponent has 3,18 mil.

My ally code is 187-184-275.

Thank you for looking into it.

With kind regards,

187-184-275

Message 7 of 9 (583 Views)

★★ Apprentice

343-232-137

Message 8 of 9 (566 Views)

★ Novice
I agree match making should be based of Total Characters GP rather than total GP, when ships are not part of the Grand Arena.
Other wise it will discourage upgrading all ships because it negatively effect on the match making side.
Message 9 of 9 (540 Views)