[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy A7
OS Version 8.1.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 642-536-784
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I set my defenses for the first round of the current Grand Arena (GA) matchup yesterday. When I checked the game today I was shocked to see that the teams set were nowhere close to what I set yesterday. The teams are random and don't make sense. I'm going to lose this matchup due to this. I'm a veteran player who has a history of NOT setting those teams (please check my history). This is the first time that my teams have been messed up after setting a defense. My entire defensive set up is affected.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure how this can be reproduced. Set defenses and have GA start I guess.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Please help asap.

IMG_20190430_145054.jpg
IMG_20190430_145112.jpg
Message 1 of 6 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena Wrong Team set in Defense Bug

EA Live QV Team

Hi @uncle_q86 and thank you for the report.

It looks indeed like your defense squads were auto-deployed, according to our logs. Do you remember when exactly you deployed your defense manually?

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (439 Views)

All Replies

Scrambled defenses usually mean the game auto deployment was used. That would take your top 18 or so characters and assign them top down into the 6 (?) defensive squads for your zones.
If you remember setting defenses yesterday, is it possible you had connection issues at the time? Because if the auto deploy was used, the game servers didn’t “see” you set any defenses.

★ Novice

I wouldn't rule that possibility out; I don't remember noticing that though. Since when is there an auto deploy feature? Seems like that's a recent addition as I remember empty territories on the opponent's side in the past.

Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @uncle_q86 and thank you for the report.

It looks indeed like your defense squads were auto-deployed, according to our logs. Do you remember when exactly you deployed your defense manually?

Message 4 of 6 (440 Views)

★ Novice
No, yesterday was somewhat of a crazy day. I might've actually meant to set defense but forgot; didn't know there was auto deploy now so that's why I was surprised. I'll go with the analysis that it was auto deploy, try to make the best of it and let ya'll know if it happens again that auto deploy occurs when I know that I set the defense for sure.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (437 Views)

The auto-deploy function was enabled in the Game Update on 3/13.

Auto-deploy will only happen if you set 0 defenses. If you set even a single squad or fleet, the game will not deploy anything else on your behalf, and will leave the remaining zones empty.

There's a different auto-deploy that is supposed to re-deploy your squads set in phase 1 to phase 2...but we've seen some reports of bugs in that. Personally, I never trust in auto-deploy systems, and always set my squads manually (even if they are in the same pattern as the previous phase).

Hope this helps!