Grand Arena Lost on Tied Battle: GP

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Lost on tie due to GP
OS Version Android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 421-681-493
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug You lose a tied battle because of GP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

It is not fair that I lose a battle on a tie due to GP. I dont think I want to play Grand Arena if this is the case. Nor spend anymore money on this game. Very disappointed!😠

1641.png
1640.png
Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena Lost on Tied Battle: GP

[ Edited ]

Hi, thanks for the report! I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the result. Grand Arena was designed with a high number of variables to make ties unlikely.
As listed in the Title Update patch notes, however ties will be ha does in the following ways:
“Tiebreakers: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. In the extremely rare chance of equal Banners and equal GP, a random player wins.“

Unfortunately, this tiebreaker is not a bug - it is explicitly designed that way. Good luck in future Grand Arenas!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi, thanks for the report! I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the result. Grand Arena was designed with a high number of variables to make ties unlikely.
As listed in the Title Update patch notes, however ties will be ha does in the following ways:
“Tiebreakers: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. In the extremely rare chance of equal Banners and equal GP, a random player wins.“

Unfortunately, this tiebreaker is not a bug - it is explicitly designed that way. Good luck in future Grand Arenas!

★★ Apprentice

Unacceptable. This was my first and LAST Grand Arena. 

Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]

I’m sorry you feel that way. This forum is for the reporting of bugs. If you would like to give your feedback on the way tiebreakers are handled, the official Swgoh forums are the best place for that:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

Also remember that future GA will be multiple rounds, not just a single round.

PS - in territory wars, a tie means both guilds “lose” and get 2nd place rewards. I think this was a way to prevent that from happening, while also preventing players from setting no defenses, getting the same scores, and both getting “first place rewards” for no effort.