Grand Arena Freeze

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy S8
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 812-293-745
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Mid battle in Grand Arena, battle froze with 2 of 5 Phoenix members defeated on opponents side. Waited 5 minutes but game never unfroze. When I restarted the app, all 5 Phoenix members were alive yet my battle was recorded and characters I used were unavailable.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It was a Round 1 Grand Arena match against the Phoenix Squad. I had CLS leader, Raid Han, OT Chewie, R2, and Old Ben.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

First screen shot is where the match froze. Second shot is once the game reloaded.

Screenshot_20181230-190429_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20181230-190613_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 9 (1,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena Freeze

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, I'm sorry to hear you encountered this issue.

The Grand Arena battle being counted as a loss and characters being unavailable after restarting the game is working as intended. However, I'd suggest trying the following steps to hopefully prevent a similar freeze in the future:
1. Uninstall the game
2. Make sure you are connected to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network
3. Reinstall
4. Launch the game and leave it in the Home screen for around 30min without playing so it can finish downloading all assets correctly.

Hope this helps, thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,423 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, I'm sorry to hear you encountered this issue.

The Grand Arena battle being counted as a loss and characters being unavailable after restarting the game is working as intended. However, I'd suggest trying the following steps to hopefully prevent a similar freeze in the future:
1. Uninstall the game
2. Make sure you are connected to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network
3. Reinstall
4. Launch the game and leave it in the Home screen for around 30min without playing so it can finish downloading all assets correctly.

Hope this helps, thank you.
Message 2 of 9 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was playing grand arena with jyn leadZ , cassian, baize,chirrut,k2so.....this is the second time game froze while playing bounty hunters with bossk leadZ ......last guy left to kill (dengar)I have a full squad and game freezes...when I restart the game my characters are no longer useable and they're characters still have the health and protection before I started the match.....plz fix your bugs instead of blaming connection issues.....I could see if it was only once but this happened twice in the exact same way....

Message 3 of 9 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This same thing just happened to me. I disagree that it is working as intended tho. Because I was still selecting my team. So it took 4 players I needed to win AND counted as a loss, total BS!

Message 4 of 9 (1,253 Views)

★ Novice

My Grand arena battle froze!! I tried again n it froze again.. now it says I have 2 failed attempts against the Ewoks.. please fix this.. 

Now I don't know if I should make another attempt or no.. my chances of the championship is screwed anyway. 

Please look into it. My ally code is 416863722.

Screenshots attached.

Screenshot_20191009-094816.jpg
Screenshot_20191009-100730.jpg
Message 5 of 9 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game froze exactly like yours in grand arena. I had the same background area as yours. 

Message 6 of 9 (886 Views)

★ Novice

This does Not help. 

My game froze tonight on my first GAC battle, and that's that. I've almost certainly lost rhia GAC round now, there's no room for losing a meta squad on offence in GAC and getting zero result for using that squad.

What you're proposing is completely unhelpful. 

What would be helpful is using the money from this BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR game to fix your game. 

What would be helpful is offering to send us compensation rewards fro lost GAC rounds due to CONSTANT game freezes and bugs. 

Message 7 of 9 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@snsuns13 This game is a memory hog. Many of the flickering/freezing/crashing issues people have raised in this forum are because their device has run out of memory. You need to have at least 1.5GB free RAM to run the game safely (and even then, you must not start other apps, or let them run in the background for things like notifications).
Message 8 of 9 (799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game actually has frozen when the game Unlocked Grand arena. 

"you've unlocked the GRAND ARENA.  Here, the best in the galaxy compete for glory and riches." Character on the right gesturing.  It does not allow any clicking of anything what so ever.

Message 9 of 9 (741 Views)