Grand Arena Cross-Division Matchmaking

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6s
OS Version 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 432695128
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Grand Arena Matchmaking: I am in division 5, yet I've been matched with five players in division 4. Isn't the whole point of this to be competing with folks in your division? Please advise.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Review my account.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Grand Arena Matchmaking: I am in division 5, yet I've been matched with five players in division 4. Isn't the whole point of this to be competing with folks in your division? Please advise.

Message 1 of 9 (538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Arena Cross-Division Matchmaking

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We have flagged this for further investigation and clarification with the team now.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (441 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Exactly the same for me! I am in the middle of Division 2 (4.1m GP) and have been matched with people in division 1 (5m GP plus). This is clearly a bug!
Message 2 of 9 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This must be broken. I have 500k less GP than 3 of my opponents and ~200k less than the 4 other opponents.
In my guild there is also a guy with 1.5 mil GP matched against a 2.4 mil GP. This does not compute at all.
Even if you are taking into account only the strongest 60-80 toons which someone was trying to say (depending on the number of teams you have to set in def and later attack) then that system is still flawed because with that kind of difference one of the attackers might have teams for second chance attacks and the other will not have them.
I love GA, but not like this... not like this. Utterly disappointed.

Message 3 of 9 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Definitely this is the BUG! I am division 4 - nearly 3M GP and in my rooster I can see many with 3.3M - 3.4M actually I have the lowest GP. I got 1 white Revan and almost all have 2 Revans and couple of them golden Malaks. What is the point of setting GP boundaries when we face with overwhelming players? Many of my guild friends have the same situation and everyone are so angry!!! I would like to see opponents that I can reach with similar GP and set of characters at least comparable!!!!

Message 4 of 9 (487 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem for me, I am Division 2 but my opponent is Division 1

My profile (ally code 336-215-397 / 4.4mil GP)

Screenshot_20190626-113606.png

My opponent (ally code 238-845-425 / 4.8mil GP)

Screenshot_20190626-113620.png

Message 5 of 9 (469 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing this too - I'm in Division 2 with 4.109M GP, but have been pooled with 6 people in Division 1 with the following GP:
4.791M, 4.817M, 4.853M, 4.847M, 4.923M, and 4.812M.  Three of these players also have Malek, whereas I do not.

The other remaining player is in Division 2 with a GP of 4.475M, but does have a G12 Malek and other top tier characters.

How is this even remotely close or fair matchmaking?  There is no way I can win against these players - what's the point in even trying?

My ally code: 835-756-484.

Message 6 of 9 (455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I am 2.8M of GP, and i'm facing some 3.7M GP. I am division 4 and he is almost division 2! What can i do? It's not even funny to play like this.... it a no-match.

Screenshot_20190626-141325_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20190626-141308_Heroes.jpg
Message 7 of 9 (446 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We have flagged this for further investigation and clarification with the team now.

Message 8 of 9 (442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, my ally code 971-981-132 (3.05M GP).  I’m in division 4. All opponents are in division 3 almost are 3.5M/3.6M. My current opponent is 469-769-714 (3.6M GP).

Message 9 of 9 (405 Views)