Grand Arena Character Lock Not Locking Character Mods

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsumg Galaxy S7
OS Version Android 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 634-698-775
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Changing mods after character lock-in (at the end of Grand Arena signup phase) effects battles in later rounds of Grand Arena.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mod 1 character with speed greater than another before end of signup phase. In round 1 use the character on offence and verify mods are applied correctly by comparing turn order. After this battle and before round 2 begins, remove the mods from the faster character. Use the same two characters on offence in round two to verify the mods were not locked from prior to round 1 by observing a change in turn order.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

It was my impression from information provided that mods, gear, zetas, levels etc. at the start of grand arena would be locked for the duration of the 3 round event. It is clear from the evidence below that this is not the case. 

Image 1: First turn of grand arena match during round 2 of the event. Asajj is the fastest character and moves first.

2018-12-18 14.49.21.jpg

Image 2: Colonel Stark is the second fastest character and moves second (before General Veers and as intended when modded at the start of the event)

2018-12-18 14.49.32.jpg

Image 3: First turn of grand arena match during round 3 of the event. General Veers is now the fastest character and moves first (before Colonel Stark who was modded to be faster than General Veers at the start of the event and was faster during round 2 of the event). NB: apologies for the orientation.

2018-12-18 14.48.01.jpg

I can not be certain of the exact timing however I know that at some point between the battle using Imperial Troopers in Round 2 and the battle in Round 3 I removed a number of the mods from Colonel Stark to use in another event. This removal of mods would explain the change in turn order observed, however it was unexpected behaviour given the expectation of locked character progression before the start of the Round 1 defence setup.

There are further un-evidenced reports of zeta abilities being available in round 3 after having been equipped during the event and not before the character lock. 

Video of the two battles from which screen shots were given above can be provided privately on request. I have submitted this as a bug that occurs "often" however there has only been 1 event to test this in so far.

Message 1 of 2 (462 Views)

Re: Grand Arena Character Lock Not Locking Character Mods

Message 2 of 2 (360 Views)