Re: Goth family problems (action queue)

by RolandasR1

Original Post

Goth family problems (action queue)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I had various emotional and action bugs after the last patch and when I installed SPA pack.

1. Whims are not updated, even if the emotional state of sims was changed. See the picture . The sim is inspired but the whim displays energizing stuff. That happened after the July patch, I think.

2. Sims action queue sometimes does not display icons. As I noticed usually happens when someone from the family members go to chat. You see only a standing sim and you don't know what happened, because you need to find that family member who wanted to chat and see that everything was right. But the target sim has no chat icon in the queue. No picture to show. Happens after the July patch or earlier.

3. The sim carries a pile of dishes she was ordered to cleanup, but I canceled the action and ordered to eat. See another picture. That is new.

4. Notification bug. I had cheats enabled, not sure if has anything to do with them, but I haven't seen that before. A text with "DEBUG" is displayed when I get notifications on the wall about the sold books. See the picture. It appears every day, when I get the notification. That is new.

5. The most weird bug I've ever seen. It is not solved just by exiting to main menu, but is fixed when I pause the game. The action queue is increasing with the invisible icons and it grows up to the top of screen with the sound of adding something (aspiration update sound). When I press pause the action queue is reduced to zero. See yet another picture. That is new.

I have only CC for hair styles and items, no other mods which harmed the game before. OS is Windows 10.

Message 1 of 8 (726 Views)

Hero

Since you also have issues with your need bars, it does sound to me like you have some kind of save game corruption

Have you tried a new game for testing purposes to see if you can duplicate those issues ?

For the debug text, please check the Code instead of text thread which is stickied in the general forum. Can't link atm.

----------------

Would you also be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict wrote:

-- Since you also have issues with your need bars, it does sound to me like you have some kind of save game corruption

-- Have you tried a new game for testing purposes to see if you can duplicate those issues ?

Indeed, I have started a new game, but not because I wanted, but deleted accidentally from game Standard smile, so I was forced to start from the beginning. My achievements were lost, but that is a different issue, I've read in this forum. And the needs bars problem appeared after, so it was quite a fresh game instance. That's why I post about it. Before I was not sure.

-- For the debug text, please check the Code instead of text thread which is stickied in the general forum. Can't link atm.
Ok, thank you, I will. But my game app is in english, no translation is used. I am sure, some book title was missing instead of that DEBUG message.

-- Would you also be willing to share your save game ?
-- If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.
I will share tomorrow.

Also, I want to a add about the point 1. Menus, when you click on the sim, have emotional actions. Because the state is not updated, menus are neither. Thus, when I click such an emotional menu (Pee Like A Champion, for example), nothing happens, because the Confident state is no more active, but still is displayed in game.

Message 3 of 8 (694 Views)

Hero

I'll check it out later. Not sure when I'll have time

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (678 Views)

Hero

Hi @RolandasR1

I'm trying to replicate your issues and have played for 15 min now. Do I need to play longer ? Everything is working normally for me.

I would suggest trying the code/text solution for the debug one and see how it goes from there. Maybe also try a complete user folder factory reset and just put the save back for the moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It is not easy to reproduce. 15 minutes of course is not enough. And I don't play with full speed. Btw, there is some lag when changing images for the emotional stage, I think it is a reason when the state doesn't match images. And I have high level of display of sims in the game options. Today I played for hours, and could reproduce some of them. About the action queue growing up with the invisible images - had it today as well, but it shrinked without the reaching the top of screen suddenly. Had a whim of different color as well. It was replaced with the current state once I closed it. Had even no whims displayed at all, when the sim hates dirty surroundings (second time, I see it).

Message 6 of 8 (625 Views)

Hero

Not really sure what I should do. I don't really have the time to play for hours to find a potential problem. I thought it was easily reproducible from what you described.

Guess all I can do is add it to the list for now.

Sorry I'm not able to help more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Guess all I can do is add it to the list for now.

Sorry I'm not able to help more.

Thanks, that is enough. I can add more bugs related to the action queue Sick

I would call it "hug/chat" bug. Sim is reading a book or eating, then stands and waits, no progress of reading/eating advances, until the second sim comes close to perform her action (hug, or chat), then the action is added to the first sim, and then he can continue reading and chatting at the same time.

It is very annoying, when a sim has to go to school or work, needs to do a homework or eat, and "someone" just wanted to chat or hug. Time is going, until the second sims goes downstairs. There's no action for the sim you could cancel, unless you find that second sim and cancel her action, so the first sim can continue the homework or eating.

Message 8 of 8 (604 Views)