Got penalized for abandoning a ranked br game even though I played until the end

by lerbyn

Original Post

Got penalized for abandoning a ranked br game even though I played until the end

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 3060 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? lerbyn
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Nvidia fps counter
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Rampart
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Harvester on worlds edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was the last standing member on my team and died while fighting another squad
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 this session I believe, but never had this issue before
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/08/2021 14:50
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive an abandoned penalty even though I played the entire game(meaning I receive no points and get an additional -24 rp and have to wait 10 minutes before playing again)
What should be happening instead? I should't get an abandon penalty for playing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, first occurrence of this issue

I just FINISHED a game of ranked battle royale, the whole squad died so I backed out. However, I did not get any points and was penalized for abandoning the game even though I played it out to the end. 

Message 1 of 1 (103 Views)