Re: Good upbringing events not available

by givememore86

Original Post

Good upbringing events not available

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Note 8
OS Version 9
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have more than 3 retired/children NPCs living in the house
What do you expect to see? Please bring back our ability to choose which Sims to perform with in family events
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Note 8
OS Version 9
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have more than 3 retired/children NPCs living in the house
What do you expect to see? Please bring back our ability to choose which Sims to perform with in family events
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Even though we have the ability to participate in 3 family events each day, there are usually only 2 popup bubbles to participate in family events. 

I have 4 children in the house. I do not want to age up one of them, but she continues to get popups to participate in good upbringing events, despite the fact that she already has 3 stars. I have 3 new children in the house, but only 1 of those has the option to participate in a good upbringing event. 

The algorithm/logic used to determine which NPCs can participate in family activities seems to be broken - in the past, all family members would have the option to participate in a family event, then once 3 were, complete the remaining bubbles would disappear. That doesn't happen anymore... Instead only some family members have the option when the day resets. 

I realize retired family members also impact the option to participate in good upbringing events, so I usually move them out as soon as I retire them... Even that doesn't  help. I created 3 babies nearly a week ago and have only been able to earn 3 stars for one of them.. I've had Sims waiting to retire that I can't retire because I still don't have the kids ready to replace them. 

At this rate, I'll need a house full of kids at all times just so I can retire my sims when the time comes... I'd rather not have a house full of kids for many reasons... Mainly because you can't use the shower, bath, bassinet, or toilet when they're in the room and they ALWAYS seem to be in the room... Also, when I have my weekly party, I'm not able to see any of my party guests if my house if full of NPCs. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,562 Views)

★★★ Pro

I had a problem with the bathroom too. There's a solution to that. Have more than ONE bathroom. Put the starter bathroom in one and the objects that make the bathroom upgraded in both of the bathrooms. Less clutter that way. I tend to use the starter set bathroom most of the time. If you have all the upgrade items for the bathroom, your starter set bathroom will be upgraded too. If you noticed people at parties who are on level 50 always seem to have more than one bathroom, this is the reason why. Let me be clear, you only need one set of upgrade items to upgrade both bathrooms.

Message 2 of 8 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have 2 bathrooms too, but it shouldn't be a requirement in order to play the game without the haasle...not everyone has enough rooms unlocked to waste one on an extra bathroom

Message 3 of 8 (1,481 Views)

★ Guide
I have that same problem. An elder and kid who already has 3 stars currently have the bubbles in my game but not the brand new baby.
Message 4 of 8 (1,471 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@AshleighD81 I am not saying that having two bathrooms is a requirement, it was a suggestion. It helps out when you're trying to up your energy and everyone is in the bathroom you want to use. It's also good to know that your starter kit bathroom is upgraded. 😃

Message 5 of 8 (1,442 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh, I know .. Sorry, I just meant that I'm sure the privacy message annoys the majority people that don't have 2 bathrooms. While that solution is helpful for players in the upper levels, it certainly isn't an option for everyone... I'm sure the game makers must be aware of it if, so I don't understand why they haven't "fixed" it

Message 6 of 8 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AshleighD81 

I took note of the family events during two weeks because I also noticed it is not rotating as I would expected.

I had three babies, one toddler, two children and one retired Sim. The toddler and the children had already 3 stars Good Upbringing trait when I started taking notes.

Baby 3 couldn't get Bundle of joy and the two remaining stars until the other two babies grew up. 

I guess different combinations will get different results, but the point is that family events are not rotating unless we keep promoting those who already have 3 stars Good upbringing trait.

Family events.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 8 (1,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I figured that out, but I shouldn't have to age up the children that I want to keep just because the algorithm is broken.  

Message 8 of 8 (1,147 Views)