Goaltender interference issue

by takableaxe5

Original Post

Goaltender interference issue

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Passing to a fellow player in odd man rush, passer gets tripped by goalie outside the crease and goal to the empty net by the second player is not allowed due to goalie interference See and replicate this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXrIEYv6SRY
What happens when the bug occurs? Goal is not allowed due to goalie interference
What do you expect to see? Perfectly normal goal by the standard rules of NHL
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT Rivals
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 8:30 PM
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? TakableAxe5
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? Czech

Passing to a fellow player(#22, D. Sedin) in odd man rush, passer(#19, D. Hamilton) gets tripped by goalie outside the crease and goal to the empty net is not allowed due to goalie interference, which was not caused by me (goalie controled by opponent and willingly went out of crease). According to official NHL rules this is a legit goal, so please fix this issue. Happened to me several times (now am really eager for fix).
See at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXrIEYv6SRY

You made a progress in this area (in 20 there was a lot of stupid goalie interference, so please tweak this and it will be great) Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (579 Views)

Re: Goaltender interference issue

★★★ Novice

Happened to me again, this time different situation.

https://youtu.be/wPKuwXxZF5Y

As I can see, you are reluctant to address this issue Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (510 Views)

Community Manager

@takableaxe5 

This isn't about being reluctant to fix it. It's a very tricky issue that, when fixed, can potentially cause bigger issues with interference being called. The dev team is aware of this, but it's a much more complicated fix than assumed.

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 7 (499 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo 

Wow, didn't expect you to be that straight forward. Okay for now but it is quite worrying that the game has this kind of "loopholes" or bugs, when fixing one can cause major one. It only shows how fragile this game is. 

Allright then, that's okay by me. Hopefuly a new engine could help, but am standing on the ground so I suppose no new engine for quite a while. 

Thanks for reply tho.

Message 4 of 7 (408 Views)

Community Manager

@takableaxe5 

Thankfully, this is an uncommon issue, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'm definitely sorry for that. Hopefully, we'll see this addressed in the not too distant future.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 7 (399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is called goalie interference but i was pushed into the goalie by a defender = no goalie interference

And also They scored an own goal, so no goalie interference there either.

Also Golies are allowed to tripp forwards without getting penalty, that is also against the rules and goalie should get 2min served by a teammate

Message 6 of 7 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Gargol_76 

Thanks for the video. I know the dev team is aware of some issues with goalie interference, but I don't have any other details on this currently.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 7 (292 Views)