Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gloves and Shoes From Snowy Escape Ep. Is Stuck On All Outfit Categories

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Vampires and Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go rock climbing several times
What happens when the bug occurs? Shoes and gloves become stuck to all sims outfit categories on all outfits regardless of whether or not they are wearing the gloves or shoes that became stuck to them.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sim to wear the outfits I actually have set for them to wear and for accessory items to not become stuck on sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after installing Snowy Escape

I noticed that when sims go skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing, the game will automatically apply the shoe type (from the Snowy Escape pack) and whatever colors it chooses that it deems appropriate for that particular activity. Once your sim is done that activity, the game will usually switch the sim out of that shoe type and back to what the sim was originally wearing. However, I had my 2 sims go rock climbing about a couple times in the new world. I didn't notice the changes to their outfits the first time they went rock climbing but I did notice that my male sim's boots that I gave to him in CAS got replaced with a different one and a different color when he was snowboarding but it changed back to his original boot that I gave him when he was finished. The next day, I had my sims rock climb again and that's when I noticed that the game had given my male sim a blue set of gloves for his hands when he initially had on black and it changed his shoes from the boot style, to the low top strap shoes. I guess those particular shoes were the preferred ones the game wanted the sims to wear while rock climbing. The same glove, glove color, shoe and shoe color was given to my female sim, also. I went into CAS to switch out the glove and shoe that the game gave them, as well as the colors back to what I had originally given my sims. However, when I went into CAS, the blue glove and light blue shoes that the game gave to them did not show as being on them in CAS. It instead showed their original outfits that I had already had them set to wear. When I left CAS, the blue gloves and blue low strapped velcro type shoes were still on both of my sims. On top of that, I noticed that the shoe had replaced the foot attire of all my sims outfits in all categories even on outfits that my sim had no gloves. It also replaced all the shoes on all outfits and outfit categories to the Snowy Escape shoe that the game automatically put on my sims during their rock climbing. I have yet to remove these items, even with cheats. I can't take the glove or the shoe off. It is completely stuck. It only shows up visible in Live mode but it doesn't appear on them in CAS. I just loaded my game back up and my sims are still stuck wearing gloves and those shoes for all outfits, regardless of playing with or without mods. Issue still exists.

Message 1 of 8 (16,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gloves and Shoes From Snowy Escape Ep. Is Stuck On All Outfit Categories

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! So annoying when you spend time creating the outfits you want and then there's frikkin gloves and shoes on all of them, including swimwear...

Edit: figured it out! Remove the climbing gear from the inventory Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (16,521 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thecharsims Did you remove the mods after they got stuck or before ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (16,615 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also been having this problem. It happens constantly, there is no outfit that is not now contaminated with the gloves and shoes. My Sims have gone swimming wearing the gloves and shoes. They don't even take them off inside the house, which has a sandals only sign. I didn't realise it happened after going rock climbing, but that is true. It didn't happen before sending them rock climbing, but after going once or twice, they are now stuck like this. Doesn't show up in CAS, unable to take them off, even with mods and resetting the Sim. I removed mods and CC after but it has not changed anything. With or without mods, my Sims are now permanently wearing gloves and shoes. At first I didn't mind, but now it's every.single.outfit. and has made me really annoyed. If there is any kind of fix, I would really appreciate it!!!

Message 3 of 8 (16,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! So annoying when you spend time creating the outfits you want and then there's frikkin gloves and shoes on all of them, including swimwear...

Edit: figured it out! Remove the climbing gear from the inventory Standard smile 

Message 4 of 8 (16,522 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I removed my mods folder after the issue to see if it was actually a mod causing the glitch but the items from Snowy Escape were still stuck on my sims.
Message 5 of 8 (16,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SisiliskosliskiI'm about to go in game now and try your suggestion. I'll be let you know if it worked for me....

Ok, you beautiful soul... you are a genius lol I didn't even think the gear needed to be removed. That actually worked though. Thank you so much!!

Message 6 of 8 (16,498 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict
It seems @Sisiliskosliski actually figured out a work around for the issue. Removing the climbing gear in the sims inventory should remove the stuck gloves and shoes from sims and all outfit categories. I also tested their theory and it worked for me.
Message 7 of 8 (16,492 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims I thought you said they are stuck even if you remove them ?

The issue does have a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-SE-Wearing-gloves-even-in-a-bathtub/m-p/9731025#M161...

I thought yours was different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (16,477 Views)