Glitching roof on open riser staircases

by Maria912

Original Post

Glitching roof on open riser staircases

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions packs, all game packs, all stuff packs BUT Toddler and Spooky stuff pack, all kits, BUT Modern menswear, bust the dust, and country kitchen Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to build an open riser staircase that has a roof build next to it and it will glitch into the open riser staircase.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof shows inside the room.
What do you expect to see? I would like the game to know there is also a room where a staircase or an open riser staircase is placed in a house. Right now when you try to build a staircase that goes to the second floor, but you want the area where the staircase is to be open, the roof that you place outside the house shows up inside the house. After so many years of Sims 4, I think this is an issue that should have been resolved already. Simmers are getting better at building and this is an issue that bothers lots of Simmers really badly. This happens either you have CC or not. I usually play without CC and happens anyways. I wish the EA or Sims 4 developers would look at this issue and fix it. Please...I would be such a game changing!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have attached two pictures of the roof glitching into the room/open riser staircase. The roof that has the issue is in red color, to make it easy to see. I have one picture with a grid and another one without it.

Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: Glitching roof on open riser staircases

Hero

@Maria912 

From the pics, I think both pics were taken in build mode and you just turned the grid off in the 2nd pic.  That does happen there depending on the configuration at times.  But does it also happen when you are in live mode?  That's where it really matters.  One thing it could be is extended eaves.  Since I think both the roofs I see are full hip roofs, you could try pulling back just the eave on that side of the roof intruding into the stairwell by holding down shift and grabbing and pulling the little arrowhead on those sides of the roofs.  It shouldn't affect how your roofs look from the outside.  And I think you can probably help the issues by changing the roof in front to a half hip roof.  

If you still can't get it to work in live mode after that, I would be happy to take a look at the build if you are willing to upload it to the Gallery and letting me know it's there by posting again here.  I will download and see what else might be done to fix it.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)