Gl kylo and fosit not able to aoe and ultimate state enter

by dobreGAGt

Original Post

Re: Gl kylo and fosit not able to aoe and ultimate state enter

★★ Novice

Unfortunately you can’t or don’t want to understand the defense problem with slkr vs such 5s cheese squads. Without words - sorry to say

Message 11 of 38 (511 Views)

@66highlander66 Are you using SLKR in arena or are you using different squads now?

I understand the complaints just fine, and agree that the behaviors are not ideal. However, hyperbole-filled rhetoric may be good for click-bait, but not good for conversation.

Slkr as far from useless. Any Rey squad can win without resorting to this kind of cheese. Any other non GL team that switches to a 501 cheese squad will only make their team more vulnerable to a dozen other counters. Just because they have the possibility to beat slkr under extreme conditions doesn't mean they're more effective.

Any change to character AI requires programming time and testing time to make sure they don't break something else. This was just exposed a few days ago. Slkr can still solo the hstr and get first place in arena - so let's all take a collective deep breath and patiently wait to see what the studio chooses to do.

★ Apprentice

Out of topic on->

"Any Rey squad can win without resorting to this kind of cheese"

Give me FULL resistance rey squad that can do that vs uSLKR. With video.

<- Out of topic off.

Back on topic, SLKR is far from useless, it can be cheesed, yes, but when it comes to GAC/TW this specific counter is a very expensive one. Although as a Rey user i'd be unhappy to loose an easy fight, it has to be fixed for sake of completeness.

Message 13 of 38 (469 Views)

@pkarampis wrote:

Out of topic on->

"Any Rey squad can win without resorting to this kind of cheese"

Give me FULL resistance rey squad that can do that vs uSLKR. With video.

<- Out of topic off.

My apologies, I really meant "any good Rey player" but was careless with my word choice. Most arena Rey teams I see have some combination of GK, GAS, Chewie, Holdo, bb8, or Wat. 

I don't have Rey yet so I can't test. 

★★ Novice

Sorry this discussion is useless, you just try to defend bad programming with other stuff in the game. We are writing in regards of arena, solo sith has exactly nothing to do with this!!! Very, very disappointing. Nothing else. No more comment from me on this topic!

Message 15 of 38 (446 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I spend 2k € to get this toon to get AUTOed because the AI is bugged, how is it even possible that my kylo uses BASIC instead of ULTIMATE having it 100% which would make him unkillable and win the match? FIX IT CG, this is a really stupid bug.

Message 16 of 38 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So because he can do full hstr , in arena from where the crystals come he can have a big handicap( defend him self with basic) and this i a normal situation. How can u even tell that this is a normal situation and as an argument u throw hsith. This character have basic specials and ultimate, and like rey uses all her abilities and ultimate on defense so must kylo.HIS kit includes special abilities and ultimate. If cg told us before we can get him and investing money for unclocking, hey guys this will be good on hstih but on def he will be sitting duck nobody invest in this character. After spending some money 2.5 k i expect  not to be invincible but also not to defend with basic and stay like fly waiting to be smashed

Message 17 of 38 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So CG you are really telling us that Padme, Wat, JKA/GAS, Echo and 5s can easly win a SLKR (ult.) and it's intended. Are you serious?
You made us farm stupid toons to get SLKR and no you say that this is intended...
What are you thinking CG? ....

Message 18 of 38 (407 Views)

@66highlander66 I mentioned "solo Sith" because your initial complaint just said that "slkr is useless." It wasn't until later that you clarified you think he's useless "in arena."

You never answered whether or not you use SLKR in arena. If you really think he's useless, then which squad are your using to greater effect?

And for all new people on the thread, please read the whole thing. "Working as intended" means that SLKR is executing abilities as coded. It does not mean they intend to leave it this way.

★★★★ Novice

I believe the AI was never meant to play perfectly. All teams have AI flaws as well as comparatively cheap counters. It makes for a healthy arena rotation and forces people to actively play the game instead of putting every match on auto. And let's be honest, it's not like well-modded GLs drop very far. You can drop to 27 and still climb to 1 without a refresh. Meanwhile, people with high-relic Padme + GAS + clones and great mods might need 3 attempts to beat SLKR. Rey also has a harder time vs SLKR since the fix, so you're really complaining about the most OP arena team right now.

Message 20 of 38 (380 Views)