Gifting bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? clertt_
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. JunkPoster
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? GeForce Experience, Steam Overlay
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. n/a
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Purchasing a gift in the main store page
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01/11/22 13:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? The gift purchase acted like it went through but it apparently didn't. I still lost 2400 apex coins and a pop up for the gift purchase saying it was successful came up. My friend never received it.
What should be happening instead? The gift purchase should have gone through and my friend should have received the gifted bundle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gifting in-game in Apex had just released, so I'm not sure if it's still an issue. I haven't tried to gift anyone anything since then.

Back in November I purchased an in-game gift for a friend. They never received it. I contacted support a few days after the purchase and was told to wait and they were going to fix whatever issue with the gifting system. So I waited. Earlier this month, I contacted support again about the gift and was told that I have no history of the purchased gift on my account and they can't help me. I lost Apex coins from purchasing the gift and I have no record of purchasing the gift because I can't see in-game purchase history. I'm just really frustrated at this point and want some sort of resolution for this. I have proof of the coins that I purchased and my total Apex coins after the gift was purchased, but I don't have a before screenshot. I purchased the bundle for myself and as a gift, so the total coins spent would have been 4800. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gifting bug

Community Manager
@clertt_ Hey, can you check your DMs for a message from me.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,602 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@clertt_ Hey, can you check your DMs for a message from me.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@clertt_ My gf got half the gift no packs
Message 3 of 9 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to gift to someone the friend list don’t come up

Message 4 of 9 (1,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@clerttmy friend gifted me something and i havent recieved it ive tried restarting my game but i still have not got it.
Message 5 of 9 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@clertt_ I tried gifting my friend but when I go on the friends list on gifting his name doesn’t appear on it
Message 6 of 9 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I’m just messaging to ask about gifting. My friend whose user is cabbagest0rm and mine is CHSYEET39P . Recently he had gifted me and my friend thereallogman teal zeal for the flatline and it didn’t come through. It has been a week or two now and it’s kinda annoying because I don’t have the money to buy it and he was being nice gifting it to me. He has lost money for it too

Message 7 of 9 (1,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 8 of 9 (1,106 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem now, support don't help and this time was the battlepass so im losing days from that pass, is so frustrating...

Message 9 of 9 (421 Views)