Re: Ghost Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Ghost Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just noticed that having a sim in 2 families at once can cause problems...

If the same sim dies in one family, then you go to play as another family (which has that sim in) the game thinks that your sim in the family

you're playing as is a Ghost and has died, but in the 2nd family, they haven't died at all...

I also have a screenshot!

The game also thinks your sim doesn't live in the house you're playing as. Notice that all the icons are greyed out, also, Actions don't appear in the Action box.

There isn't a screenshot of the dead family since I killed them off last night.

Picture!

I also have no mods installed.

Message 1 of 6 (466 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

You can't play the same Sim in two families. You can put the same Sim in two families but they are not the same Sim if you do that. Their more like clones.

That or I'm not understanding your issue right.

How did you get to have the same Sim in two families ? Did both Sims get the same skill points when you level them up in one family also in the other before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (434 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

"You can put the same Sim in two families but they are not the same Sim if you do that."

That's what I did.

When one of them died in one family, I went to the other and found out that they were turned into a Ghost as if they died.

Message 3 of 6 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So the issue is, that the game that they are the same Sim when they are not ?

That was actually something similar reported before here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Found-a-major-bug-involving-sim-characters/td-p/3553...

Was hoping that was fixed.

There is a chance though that if you put the Sims into your game before the patch that the fix doesn't take. So how long did you have the two Sims in the same game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I killed them off in the new patch with features swimming pools.

Message 5 of 6 (407 Views)

Hero

Yes, but when did you start the game or put them in ? Before or after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)