Re: Getting weird audio bug after I quit early...

by SaskaTube

Original Post

Getting weird audio bug after I quit early...

★★★ Guide

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? JaredSkStorm
Date/time issue occurred August 31, 2018
What type of issue do you have? Audio Problems
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Seasons
Summarize your bug Hi there, my PC version of Madden 19 has just started acting weird after I closed the game just as a match was starting. Guess I will just concede next time I see L91s again but now the audio is bugged. I have tried everything from switching default audio to switching in game audio settings. Only my microphone jack and the monitor speakers have audio. I could easily switch jacks but that is not the point. It seems to have a bug in the game. My main speakers work perfectly for every other application on my PC with no problem switching to Yeti Microphone or monitor speakers. I will try switching jacks but it seems like Madden has just decided not to recognize the main digital output jack. I hope this is not a penalty for closing the game without conceding. Another thing that happened was the settings changed to "Windowed" from "Full Screen". This was solved right away simply by switching the setting back to normal. If there is a way to reset all default settings, that might fix it. Thanks for any reply or suggestions. I am very newbie to Madden 19 so there is a high probability that I am missing something.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Quit, close the window just after you see the level 91s in online seasons.
What happens when the bug occurs? No audio on digital output, normal audio when switching to microphone or monitor speakers.
What do you expect to see? Audio sounds working normal through main speakers.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Raddeon R9 370 2GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

Hi there, my PC version of Madden 19 has just started acting weird after I closed the game just as a match was starting. Guess I will just concede next time I see L91s again but now the audio is bugged. I have tried everything from switching default audio to switching in game audio settings. Only my microphone jack and the monitor speakers have audio. I could easily switch jacks but that is not the point. It seems to have a bug in the game. My main speakers work perfectly for every other application on my PC with no problem switching to Yeti Microphone or monitor speakers. I will try switching jacks but it seems like Madden has just decided not to recognize the main digital output jack. I hope this is not a penalty for closing the game without conceding. Another thing that happened was the settings changed to "Windowed" from "Full Screen". This was solved right away simply by switching the setting back to normal. If there is a way to reset all default settings, that might fix it.

Thanks for any reply or suggestions. I am very newbie to Madden 19 so there is a high probability that I am missing something.

In other news, it is impossible to find a competitive match online. I have lost a combined 179 to 3 over the first 4 games. 21-0 in the first quarter of the 5th game where I got the concede early window option and took it. Game 6 was the highest levels yet with L91-93s. You can see why I tried to quit early. Hopefully we can solve this so I can learn to play better. I am a glutton for punishment I guess lol

Message 1 of 3 (446 Views)

★★★ Guide

Trying to post this reply on another thread but it is not showing up so I will post it here:

Not sure if the thread is closed or what but EA Help requested I post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/madden-19-no-sounds/

RE:

Glad I found this thread, thanks to EA Help on Twitter after a few days. I posted my issue in the Bug Reports here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Getting-weird-audio-bug-after-I-quit-early/m-p/7016249#M446

As well as here in the Technical Issues:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Audio-Bug-on-PC-Uninstalled-bye/m-p/7028018#M2276

Checked drivers, switched multiple settings and even got the "App Volume and Device Preferences" to play music from YouTube on my speakers while Madden 19 played through my headphones via Yeti Microphone output. Still no chance of it playing through my main speakers. 

nosound2.JPG

One thing I noticed in this thread is the commonality of RealTek drivers (very common for most computers anyway) and especially the fact that the problem originates within the online matches. EA has asked me to post my system details on this thread so here it is:

ASUS i7 Windows 10 64Bit DirectX12

16GB RAM 2GB Radeon R9 370

RealTek Audio Drivers

Yeti Microphone

ASUS gaming monitor

Every other game/program/application works just fine with audio on each output.

All Windows updates installed.

Newest Audio and Graphics drivers installed.

Origin cache deleted, re-installed

Madden 19 uninstalled and re-installed

Quit smoking cigarettes.

Started smoking cigarettes again.

Anything else you guys need to know?

I never wanted to hear "Its in the game" again so bad lol

Thanks,

Jared

Message 2 of 3 (361 Views)

★★★ Guide

Its fixed!

After trying out new Demos, FIFA and Forza.. went back into Madden and thought I would try switching outputs one more time and BOOM. SOUNDS!

Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)