by seveeros86

Original Post

Getting put into mixed servers when you have selsected your region

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? seveeros86
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Na
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Na
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 08/06/2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? You get puy on wrong server
What should be happening instead? Be on your region server
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow us tonplay on our own servers again

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? seveeros86
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Na
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8/06/2019 Australia
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You gdt put on wrong server with high ping
What should be happening instead? On your region server
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow us to play on our own servers again

Message 1 of 5 (441 Views)

Re: Getting put into mixed servers when you have selsected your region

★★ Novice

Me and all my friends were also having exactly the same problem with server mismatching since the most recent update. We all play on the One X and live in the UK. Instead of being automatically connected to the server with the lowest latency in London, we all get connected to a server in the U.S, in Salt Lake City.

As it is not obvious how to change or select a different server on the Xbox version of the game, not too sure about the PS4, as don't own one, it took us about a week to find a workaround for it, during which time we had to stop playing the game completely, as the lag and in-game delays were so bad. 

Following the instructions in this video offered a temporary solution for us, allowing us to select the  server with the lowest latency, so hopefully it will work on the PS4 also. 

https://youtu.be/1BXW7DeXD0o

On Xbox, before entering the game, at the very first screen once the game loads, you have to press the start button, then whichever button would take you back to the previous screen you were on (B button on Xbox). We usually have to do this several times in quick succession, basically spamming that particular menu screen. Then we wait for around 60 seconds until an option to select server appears near the bottom left of the screen. An option to go into a server menu appears and by clicking/pressing in the right toggle in the controller, we are presented with a menu screen that allows you to select the server to connect to. This has to be repeated everytime we load the game up from fresh, as the server nearly always resets back to Salt Lake City for us. 

Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

★ Novice

I'm already doing that but it is filling the servers up with who ever basically 

Message 3 of 5 (350 Views)

★ Novice

Plus you ask the America's or who ever your squaded with an they 2 have there server set to there region so i believe it's been set like this since the new event 

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@seveeros86 I had this type of problems before but you need to choose the server closest to you , and i know that in unfair but if you play with 2 teammates on your fireteam you 3 both need to play in the same server so you dont experience lag or shots dont reg!

try by your self put your closest region try a game alone with randoms and you will see the games go really good and you can try with 2 teammates in different server and you gonna get lag !

Hope i help you ! i know is really anoying .
Dont forget use the same server as all your friends
and you should be more the ok .

Reply to me if you need more help !

Have a good day and enjoy ! S2

King Regards ,
Banned_Che
Message 5 of 5 (301 Views)