Re: Getting disconnected from around 75% of FUT Squad Battles.

by ericschon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting disconnected from around 75% of FUT Squad Battles.

★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ericschon
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Squad Battles
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? starting the 12th of July 2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) every time I play
What is your time zone? EET (ART) - GMT + 2:00
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By just randomly playing FUT. If you're lucky, you can make it through a whole game without getting kicked out. My experience since the bug started (a week ago at the time of writing) is getting kicked out of around 70% of approximately 15 games I have played.
What happens when the bug occurs? The player gets disconnected, kicked out of the game, as well as Ultimate Team, and automatically loses the game. Any consumables involved, such as contracts, are still taken away from the player. The player does not have the possibility to play the Squad Battles game again.
What should be happening instead? The player should have the possibility to play a game without the Origin servers breaking every 15 minutes. If the servers really are that bad, at least the player shouldn't experience a 0-3 defeat every time just like that and should have the possibility to replay the game he got robbed off.

This bug has started around a week ago at the time of writing, and I have tried literally every option EA help suggests when it comes to connection issues, with no success whatsoever of course. I can't contact technical support by chat to understand what is going on and get some of my stuff back, I can only make calls now (which I don't want to).

Message 1 of 8 (890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @ericschon, while your substitution theory is an interesting one I'm sorry to say but based on the UO Traces the issue can most likely be explained away as a simple connection issue.

If you take a look at both the UO Trace you rant you will see that you have % loss in both. In the first UO Trace it's on hops 6 and 7 and on the other it's on hop 8. Any % loss of anything between 1% and 99% is a huge cause for concern. The best thing I can recommend is going through the troubleshooting steps I posted above and if the issue remains to speak with your ISP showing them the UO Traces you ran.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (780 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @ericschon. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (870 Views)

★★ Novice

Here are two UO Trace tests I did in quick succession. Hopefully it'll tell more.

Message 3 of 8 (838 Views)

★★ Novice

One more thing that I found curious: during a few of my recent daily games of ''play 75 minutes and get DNF'', the moment when I get kicked out of the game is in most cases during or immediately after a second-half player substitution. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but you never know, maybe it's actually the thing that breaks the game.

What I'm gonna try to do is play a few games without doing substitutions, and see whether that changes anything. I'll write my results here.

I'm interested in whether the UO Trace thing can shed some light on the whole issue as well.

Also, and I never thought I'd be saying that when I paid money for the game earlier during the year, but I'm bizarrely glad to say that I kind of got used to getting disconnected constantly, I almost expect it every time I try to start a match. 

It's basically like Russian Roulette, but with the unlucky outcome being more likely to happen.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 8 (826 Views)

★★ Novice

Update on my experiment: surprisingly enough, the whole idea with second-half substitutions breaking the game may lead somewhere after all. I tried to play 3 games without making subs and incredibly managed to finish them. Just a few minutes ago I played a game and tried to bring on a sub in the second half, and it was a big middle finger from the game all over again: ''the EA servers couldn't execute your request'' (approximate pop-up message), got kicked out in the FIFA main menu and got slapped once again with a big fat 0-3.

I suppose the game may be broken in this aspect, even though I can't seem to find other people with the same issue.

Another thing I did which may have helped a bit was disable background Origin updates and downloads: if those took place and would crash, it would make the whole of Online Origin crash as well, and kick me out of the Squad Battles game I was playing. 

All in all, I still maintain there is an issue with second-half subs, I think it's responsible for most of the games where I got robbed off. However, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with that, as I'm sure nothing will get fixed. I guess that's enough FIFA for me: I really like the game, but I didn't pay money to get frustrated.

Message 5 of 8 (804 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ericschon, while your substitution theory is an interesting one I'm sorry to say but based on the UO Traces the issue can most likely be explained away as a simple connection issue.

If you take a look at both the UO Trace you rant you will see that you have % loss in both. In the first UO Trace it's on hops 6 and 7 and on the other it's on hop 8. Any % loss of anything between 1% and 99% is a huge cause for concern. The best thing I can recommend is going through the troubleshooting steps I posted above and if the issue remains to speak with your ISP showing them the UO Traces you ran.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ericschon So basically EA is denying all responsibility for a broken game. Nice.
Message 7 of 8 (734 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nikatnite127 we can only work with the information provided and in this case the users UO Trace highlight serious connection issues.

If you are having an issue and require help then let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (730 Views)