Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Getting Legendary Items for other Javelins!

by Solcaust

Original Post

Getting Legendary Items for other Javelins!

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All kind of expeditions
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. All expeditions
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug I'm getting legendary items for classes I'm not interested in.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? I got 2 legendary items for storm and ranger.
What should be happening instead? I should be getting interceptor Legendary items.

I really didn't mind getting MW items for classes that I don't play, but knowing how low the drop rate for Legendary items are, it's just pointless for me to keep on playing. Honestly I haven't touched the game because if I get a Legendary it'd be something that it's not for the Javelin I play. This is time that I've invested and I hope this could be fixed ASAP, as for now I'm really discouraged to play the game! 

No progress.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (178 Views)

Re: Getting Legendary Items for other Javelins!

★★★★ Novice

thats very frustrating

Message 2 of 9 (160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I dont mind it. That way I get proper  gear for other jav's that I just occasionally play and dont have to start the grind again.

RPG's had this mechanic since even before Diablo, probably because else you`d gear up too fast and stop playing Wink Which might happen anyways with only 3 strongholds and the very small storyline.

Message 3 of 9 (142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem with me on Xbox.

Message 4 of 9 (125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have noticed this "problem" as well, and although I wouldn't call it a bug, I believe this is an appropriate enough post and does point out a potentially frustrating (even if intended) behavior.

My suggestion to the developers to solve this problem would be to implement the option to specify which javelin(s) you would like to receive loot for, similar to the manner in which a WoW player can continue playing as a fire mage because that is currently his best spec, but switch his *loot spec* to frost because he wants to get gear for and try out frost spec. Other RPG games also have similar options, and I do not think it would be that difficult of an addition. Even if it did take some effort to implement, it would be well worth it!

Message 5 of 9 (121 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jlp1528 I think you are asking too much. I read it took them 7 years to come up with that bughole part of a game with as good as no story nor enough quests/strongholds.

Then they had the audacity to ask a full game price for an unfinished game.
Message 6 of 9 (113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

And you hope to accomplish what exactly by being mean on the forums?

Just asking.

Edit: apparently the word I used initially is banned, didn't think it was that offensive but whatever, it's fair and here's my edit.

Message 7 of 9 (106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I´m not mean. Thats just how it is... Facts are facts. More and more games are sold for a full price but theyr content is finished after a few days. Same with BF5. Customers should not stand for it.

I read they are asking 80+ for the console version. It's not even worth 20 with this amount of content. Not to mention that it is still in a beta-stage nowhere close to a release quality.

Message 8 of 9 (69 Views)

★★ Guide

@jlp1528 wrote:

I have noticed this "problem" as well, and although I wouldn't call it a bug, I believe this is an appropriate enough post and does point out a potentially frustrating (even if intended) behavior.

[snip]

In the live stream last week where they talked about the patch coming this week they mentioned that it might be a bug and the developers are looking into it.  While there is a small chance to get masterwork items for other javelins, but you should be getting Legendary items for which ever javelin picks up that legendary.  There may be just the tiniest chance to get a legendary for a different javelin, but they concur that they are getting too many reports of this happening for it to be working right and they are trying to figure out the cause.

Message 9 of 9 (51 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help