by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Collision Damage BUG, or Getting Killed by Object/Structure/Terrain

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Objects, structures, and Terrain can damage you and even kill you
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Good question, I suggest playing your game and paying attention. There is no step by step to this, but everyone that played for a month has already experienced this. EDIT: I believe I found a way to reproduce this, when I get it ready to explain and feature, I'll post it here.
What happens when the bug occurs? You take damage and even get killed by seemingly harmless features on the map
What do you expect to see? Harmless features in the map not damaging you.
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I couldn't skip making fun of this. But a BUG is never fun to experience yourself. So please DICE, can you do us a favor and fix this and all other BUGs? At the pace you've been going, for each new patch around 5 new BUGs arise, 3 come back, 1 is fixed and another 2 are said fixed but aren't. The pile of BUGs is increasing a lot.

Message 1 of 5 (810 Views)

Re: Getting Killed by Object/Terrain

★★★★★ Expert

Got an example of this recently by PS4 player lerodemmy, who posted it on the main forum:

Also, I'd like to point out that Grievous Thrust Surge "Brain Damage" BUG is probably tied to this BUG here, as it normally happens when grievous starts moving with that tremendous speed, and there's a map feature in his way.

I'd also like to point out I reproduced getting this BUG on Arcade. I want to test it more a bit though, and when ready I'll bring evidence here and all my thoughts and research on it.

Message 2 of 5 (681 Views)

Random death bug

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Was fighting against a Yoda and randomly died when near an environment.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/01/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 6:45PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hard to say but when you're fighting close to any kind of environment, you seem to either take damage from boxes that is place throughout maps. This one wasn't a box but more of a jar looking shape.
What happens when the bug occurs? You either take a lot of damage for no reason or instant death.
What do you expect to see? Hopefully this gets fixed so I don't have to fear boxes/environment.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PulvYbo3aUI

Message 3 of 5 (662 Views)

Re: Random death bug

★★★★★ Expert

I can't see videos right now as I'm using my cellphone in a bus to check answers HQ, but by your description this seems to be the collision damage bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Collision-Damage-BUG-or-Getting-Killed-by-Object-Structure/m-p...

I'll update that report soon as I also managed to trigger this bug in the latest update, and in arcade I fpund a spot I can do that on purpose dodgind into a corner

Message 4 of 5 (649 Views)

Re: Collision Damage BUG, or Getting Killed by Object/Structure/Terrain

Hello @Spoonyteaspoon and thanks for reporting the issue!I've merged your thread with this one (that I didn't see myself before).

This bug has been reported since Grievous came out, but I only saw examples with Grievous his Thrust surge ability. By looking at all the videos here it seems to be related to a character damaging the environment and receiving unlimited damage for some odd reason.

I do not believe this is character related anymore but is dependent on interaction with the environment. 

Message 5 of 5 (613 Views)