Get to Work - One Way Mirror, Object Bug

by Vaurthakan

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

★ Guide

I also have this issue and have included a photo. It shows a dining room china hutch I built with a mirrored back. The dining room arched entry and window are reflected showing wall where the open areas should be. On the far right edge you can see the archway center looks clear as it should. 

09-15-20_1-28-38 PM.png

Message 11 of 44 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m also having this issue and made a video showing my experience and had fellow simmer take screenshots of their experience 

Message 12 of 44 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Guide

I noticed this too when doing screenshots the other day.  Also, the mirror reflects a rock poking through the ceiling from above, although the rock isn't visible when looking straight at the ceiling.  (whether or not the rock *should* show or not isn't important - as long as the mirror gives an accurate reflection of what is visible when looking directly.)

Message 13 of 44 (2,004 Views)

Get to Work - One Way Mirror, Object Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Get Together, Get Famous, Island Living, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place 'one way mirror' object on any wall
What happens when the bug occurs? One way mirror does not reflect other mirrors or windows, also displays grey mesh lines
What do you expect to see? One way mirror should reflect other mirrors and windows and not display any grey lines
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Upgraded to newest patch

<< [Update]: Okay so I know the mirror bug is universal, now the problem that I want the developers to be aware of is the lines also. >> Hi, ever since I've decided to finally upgrade my game from 1.53xxxx to the latest version, I've noticed the one way mirror would no reflect my other mirrors or even windows, and it also displays a few grey mesh lines as I go in closer.

Message 14 of 44 (1,882 Views)

Re: Get to Work - One Way Mirror, Object Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Vaurthakan Since the virus scanner is currently not working and hence your pics not showing, is that the issue you're having: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror/m-p/94... ?

It's actually all mirrors.

EDIT: Merged your thread as it looks like this issue now that your pics are working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 44 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I looked at the mirror too
Oh no !
And apart from posting the problem what is this forum for?
if the devs don't watch it? these are doors and windows from the original game.

Where are the solutions? the answers ? the forum is called
Answers HQ, no?

Message 16 of 44 (1,956 Views)

Hero
@NoxOculis This forum is monitored by EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 44 (1,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Glad it's a common issue since update, I was about to delete a ton of my CC. 

Message 18 of 44 (1,918 Views)

Mirrors don't show out of glass windows and doors anymore

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there Standard smile

First of all i am very happy that we now can stack windows but i found a new bug in my game after that patch, that i also already put in the bug reports forum but now i am not sure if i should have posted it here instead, so second try:

All mirrors don't show outside views through the galls of windows and doors anymore and instead show only the frame of the window or door in game. I made a picture of it as well. It happens with all windows and doors of all packs, so it seems to be a general problem for my game, which is pretty sad, as i am mostly building.

Also it is worth mentioning that under the bug report already many other people posted, that they where having the same problem on all devices (PC,Mac,Console). So it seems to be a general problem that occurred after the latest patch and in my case ist liked with all doors and windows.

Here is the link to the bug report page, just in case that helps. Many people did also share some screenshots, that show the bug in game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Doors-windows-and-arches-clipping-in-mirror-reflections/m...

Thank you for your help in advance Standard smile 

Message 19 of 44 (1,918 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

★★★ Apprentice

Just another person stopping by with this issue.

Message 20 of 44 (1,861 Views)