General Skywalker's second ability ignores targeting restrictions

by GentlemanIssacmy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

General Skywalker's second ability ignores targeting restrictions

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Irrelevant to the problem
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug General Skywalker can use two abilities every turn. But I came across a battle where his second ability completely ignored the established rule of targeting priorities, bypassed the only character that can be targeted and attacked a stealthed unit. Basically, I used zeta Maul Sith team against a Jedi team. GAS isnt the enemy leader but he is in the team. My Sion used torment (aoe) on the enemies and put the pain debuff on everyone, which meant he will be taunting whenever an enemy takes a turn. All other Siths are in stealth after taking an aoe, which was supposed to make Sion's taunt more impossible to bypass even by units like Enfys Nest or Jedi Revan. My Sion used held by hatred, which guarantees an immediate revive after death. Shortly after, enemy GAS took a turn and killed Sion with his first ability. The attack didnt crit because my siths included SEE and I linked GAS, but my sion still died because he is low gear Sion immediately came back to life. At that moment, my other Siths are stealthed; GAS's first ability didn't critical hit Sion because my SEE linked GAS; so Zaul's leader ability didnt trigger, Sion now doesn't have stealth; since Sion is alive with no stealth and all other Siths are stealthed, Sion should be taunting de facto, and GAS should only be allowed to use his second ability on Sion. Yet GAS treated it as if Sion wasn't there at all and used his second ability(kick) on my still stealthed SEE! Yes, Sion died after GAS's first ability, but he came back immediately and should still be the only available target. There should not be a gap where other siths who are stealthed can be targeted. Yet Gas's second ability treated it as if such a gap(where Sion is gone and all other stealthed siths can now be targeted) exists, and targeted my Zaul who is stealthed. Is this supposed to happen? Is GAS supposed to be capable of ignoring targeting order rules with his second ability? The only character who is capable of exploiting an non existent gap like this is Galactic Legend Palpatine with his Link ability(His kit doesnt ignore taunt, but when he links the second character, the first linked character is treated as if he doesnt exist, so it doesnt matter that the first character is taunting or that all other chracters are stealthed). Since your development team recently made a big deal about ensuring that Galactic Legend characters are unique and objectively superior to ordinary characters, plese consider patching this problem so that GAS isnt able to do what SEE can do, and it should be patched since this isnt supposed to be part of his kit either.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1 Use Zaul lead, with Sion and other Siths. 2 Fight against a team with GS in it but not as a leader (as GS lead prevents any revive and you wont see what I am talking about) 3 Let Sion do his aoe and then do "held by hatred" while other Siths are in stealth. The enemies are inflicted with pain due to aoe so Sion will be taunting when they take a turn. 4 let GAS kill Sion with his first ability. If GAS doesnt crit(you can ensure this by bringing SEE and linking GAS) Sion should immediately revive, still being the only target available. 5 Yet you will find out that GAS will target someone else (another Sith in stealth, eg Zaul) with his second ability as if Sion is gone and he is now allowed to target all other stealthed units. He shouldnt be allowed to do that because Sion is still here and still the only available target, which means GAS should only be able to hit Sion
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country

It happened suddenly so I didnt take a screenshot but I will recreate what happened by drawing.

Picture depicts the exact moment that GAS uses his second ability during his turn.

Blue characters are my stealthed Siths.They include Zeta Maul leader and SEE.

Orange are enemy jedis. GAS is not the leader

Red character is sion who just died to GAS's first ability but came back immediately because he did held by hatred. He was NOT stealthed the entire time so GAS sould still be forced to attack him.

Yet GAS (black) acted as if Sion's death was permanent and he can now target other stealthed units, and kicked a stealthed Sith.

swgoh.png
Message 1 of 8 (937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: General Skywalker's second ability ignores targeting restrictions

EA Live QV Team

Hi guys,

Thanks @Bl4ckDe4th88 for providing the video.With the help of the video we were able to reproduce the issue. We have now brought it to the team for further investigation.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (752 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

That picture is the best thing ever.

Message 2 of 8 (892 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @GentlemanIssacmy and thanks for the report.

We have attempted this battle as your described and are having difficulty reproducing it. We will continue to attempt to reproduce it.

Message 3 of 8 (868 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

crzydroid is absolutely right lol

But I'm here with a different team, but the same problem. Here's a video @EA_UltraSlide:

Message 4 of 8 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_UltraSlide Look at the video posted by Bl4ckDe4th88
Message 5 of 8 (820 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bl4ckDe4th88 I too have experienced this exact issue.
Message 6 of 8 (769 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi guys,

Thanks @Bl4ckDe4th88 for providing the video.With the help of the video we were able to reproduce the issue. We have now brought it to the team for further investigation.

Message 7 of 8 (753 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We are tracking the issue HERE.

Message 8 of 8 (425 Views)