General Skywalker protection issue

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Phone
OS Version Android 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 349-269-392
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When General Skywalker stand up, he loses all his protection.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using General Skywalker leading a 501st team in a mirror match, after killing CT-5555 "Fives" first, then all the remaining 501st clones while General Skywalker is in cover, he lost all his protection recovered during his cover when he come back to advance.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country FRANCE

Using General Skywalker leading a 501st team in a mirror match, after killing CT-5555 "Fives" first, then all the remaining 501st clones while General Skywalker is in cover, he lost all his protection recovered during his cover when he come back to advance.

Message 1 of 22 (771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: General Skywalker protection issue

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I Just understood by doing some math Tongue out

So yeah, It is working as intended

If GAS were at 90% protection (144k/160k), after he lost his max protection and current protection he would ends up at 84% protection ((144k - 60k) * 100 / 100k = 84%)

WAI, not a bug, thanks everyone

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (581 Views)

All Replies

@wharp95 Can you provide a little more detail about this?

When General Skywalker stood back up, how much of his protection had he regenerated? Each turn that passes, he regenerates 10% of his protection, so if fewer than 10 turns occur before his allies are all defeated, he won't regenerate all of his protection.

Also, when he stands up, he gets a bonus turn. If he used that turn to attack the enemy GenSky, then the counterattacks would likely remove all of his protection.

Do you remember anything else about the sequence of events that might help identify the issue?

★ Guide
@GladOS-013 Hello, I made a video and posted on youtube:

https://youtu.be/-RzDK5Jigys

you can see around 2:10 when my General Skywalker is finishing off the last 501st clone then my opponent General Skywalker stands up without any protection, the 30% recovered protection are all lost.
Message 3 of 22 (697 Views)

★ Guide

Any news ?

Message 4 of 22 (571 Views)

@wharp95 I definitely see that in your video. I even went frame by frame. I have been watching for it in my arena but have been unable to duplicate it so far.

★ Guide

Thanks for taking your time trying to duplicate it, wish there is a answer from CG or EA

Message 6 of 22 (545 Views)

@wharp95 The video was very helpful! I wonder if it's something to do with the timing of the turret leaving?

EA Live QV Team

Hi @wharp95 and thank you for the report.

We've tried to reproduce what you've described but so far, the only time General Skywalker lost all his Protection when coming out of cover appears to be related to him losing his Max Protection from "Hero with no Fear" when all 501st allies died during him being in cover. That is working as intended and not a bug.

Message 8 of 22 (493 Views)

@EA_HighCommand So when he loses his Max protection value, GenSky loses that quantity from both the numerator and denominator if his protection?
I would have assumed the value is subtracted from the denominator, and the protection value remains at the same % (e.g. 50%).

For example:
Assuming a GenSky has 100k base protection. In a full 501st squad, HWNF grants 60% Max protection, so he has 160k.
If he is in Cover, let's assume his last ally dies while at 50% regeneration. While in Cover, he had 80k/160k.
If I understand correctly, his protection should subtract 60k from numerator and denominator, leaving him with 20k/100k.
I assumed it would drop the denominator to 100k, bit leave the percentage the same, ending up at 50k/100k.
I don't ever remember seeing a drop in his protection after the last ally drops, but we should always see it go down by 30%. Is that correct?

★ Guide
Hello, @EA_HighCommand , do you mean that losing Max Protection from his unique ability "Hero with to Fear" makes him also lose his flat protection ?

If this is the case, well, that sound strange, I would have thought that his current protection would be scaled with his new Max protection.
Message 10 of 22 (479 Views)