General Grievous health mods issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPHONE
OS Version recent
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 374-132-942
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Platform:Apple iPhone What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPHONE OS Version newest one Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 374-132-942 What type of issue do you have? Gameplay How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) Summarize your bug I have General Grievous and the math doesn't add up on the health primaries and health mod sets. Currently, my maxed GG health is 45627: I have three health sets on which should be 30% more health which is 13688. I also have 2 6E health primaries which add up to 32% at 14600. It should add up to 73,915. It is currently adding up to 58079. It appears the 6E bonus health and the health sets are only 5% not 10% and the 6E is 5.88% not 16%. Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check mine out do the math. Connection Type Wifi Please select your region North America Country USA
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do the math on my account
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPHONE
OS Version newest one
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 374-132-942
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I have General Grievous and the math doesn't add up on the health primaries and health mod sets. Currently, my maxed GG health is 45627: I have three health sets on which should be 30% more health which is 13688. I also have 2 6E health primaries which add up to 32% at 14600. It should add up to 73,915. It is currently adding up to 58079. It appears the 6E bonus health and the health sets are only 5% not 10% and the 6E is 5.88% not 16%.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check mine out do the math.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

IMG_2294.jpeg
IMG_2295.jpeg
Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: General Grievous health mods issue

Hi @Dreadnaught1411 and thanks for the report!

The reason you are calculating a different health total for Grievous is that mods only add a percent bonus to completed gear sets. Right now your Grievous is at g12 with all 5 g12 pieces. However, the last "completed gear level" for Grievous is g11 (because it's impossible to complete g12). So for the purposes of health percentage increases from mods, it will only count Grievous' base health as of g11, which is: 19877. (Grievous gets an insane 25,750 health from g12 pieces!)

So, if we take the baseline 19,877, and add 62.65% (the total from all your mods), then we get 32,329 health. Now, we can add the G12 total health back to that:
32,330 + 25750 = 58079

This is how it's calculating Grievous' health. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (510 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Dreadnaught1411 and thanks for the report!

The reason you are calculating a different health total for Grievous is that mods only add a percent bonus to completed gear sets. Right now your Grievous is at g12 with all 5 g12 pieces. However, the last "completed gear level" for Grievous is g11 (because it's impossible to complete g12). So for the purposes of health percentage increases from mods, it will only count Grievous' base health as of g11, which is: 19877. (Grievous gets an insane 25,750 health from g12 pieces!)

So, if we take the baseline 19,877, and add 62.65% (the total from all your mods), then we get 32,329 health. Now, we can add the G12 total health back to that:
32,330 + 25750 = 58079

This is how it's calculating Grievous' health. Hope this helps!

★★★ Newbie

I understand everything you just said. But that is Uber confusing and totally not communicated to anyone. Even if the gear their is not completed it should still apply. If that’s the way all the stats are that needs to be a huge communication  because I’m pretty sure no one knows that. 

Message 3 of 4 (505 Views)

All the stats that are increased based on a percentage is done this way. It's most easily witnessed with speed stats.

I don't know if this was ever specifically communicated to the players. I learned about it with a forum conversation where players were discussing apparent discrepancies in character speeds. It's possible that it was in one of the original mod description posts.

I don't think most players are as "involved" as you appear to be, that you would do the specific math to calculate your expected numbers. I think most players just put the sets on that they want to boost, and accept whatever numbers pop up.

That being said, I'm a numbers guy, so I really like having more information. The more I know about how the game works, the more effective I can be! Standard smile

Good luck!