General Grievous Bonus Turn bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8
OS Version iOS 12.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 691-538-498
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug General Grievous is not properly receiving his bonus turn(s) from Metalloid Monstrosity.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found it by entering a battle with the GG Suicide Squad (IG, GG, R2, BB-8, T3) against a DR/Malak team. But from what I observed, I think this will happen in any battle where GG has a droid ally die.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

General Grievous is supposed to receive a "bonus turn" when a droid ally dies. However, he is instead gaining 100% TM, which means that instead of immediately taking a turn when a droid ally dies, if there are enemies with 100% TM, it's a coin flip and he may sometimes not take his turn for quite a while. I just did a battle where a droid ally died, but then 4 enemy turns were taken before GG got his bonus turn. (And in that time, BTW, three other droid allies died.) It makes a huge difference when he doesn't go immediately. But the unique doesn't say "gain 100% TM", it says "gains 1 bonus turn." There should be no delay or RNG, he should be taking an immediate turn, like how GMY always takes an immediate turn after using Masterstroke (in a Jedi squad of course).

Secondary bug: The wording of Metalloid Monstrosity also says "Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous... gains 1 bonus turn." That means that if more than one droid is defeated, Grievous should gain more than 1 bonus turn, shouldn't it? I'm not as confident this second part is a true bug, possibly just confusing wording. But the first part is definitely wrong.

I will try to update this thread with a video the next time it happens.

Message 1 of 10 (1,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: General Grievous Bonus Turn bug

@Yerff_Caasi Was grievous suffering from Fear at the time his ally died? If so, his bonus turn will come up but he will be unable to take actions. Then his tm will reset to 0.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,838 Views)

All Replies

@Yerff_Caasi Was grievous suffering from Fear at the time his ally died? If so, his bonus turn will come up but he will be unable to take actions. Then his tm will reset to 0.

★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Thanks for the reply, that was it. Took a video of the battle today and was able to slow it down and see it. Things move so fast I didn't see when Fear was applied. Kinda frustrating, but WAI I guess.
Message 3 of 10 (1,806 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Yerff_Caasi "Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous dispels all debuffs on himself, resets all ability cooldowns, and gains 1 bonus turn." In the case if DRevan inflict fear, fear cannot be dispelled, but in case of Malak, fear is inflicted if he is critically hitted. Fear from Malak "can't be resisted or evaded" , and there is no word that says "cannot be dispelled" like in the case of Darth Revan. So when you play you can see that GG did not dispel fear which comes from Malak Standard smile BUG!
Message 4 of 10 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 "Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous dispels all debuffs on himself, resets all ability cooldowns, and gains 1 bonus turn." In the case if DRevan inflict fear, fear cannot be dispelled, but in case of Malak, fear is inflicted if he is critically hitted. Fear from Malak "can't be resisted or evaded" , and there is no word that says "cannot be dispelled" like in the case of Darth Revan. So when you play you can see that GG did not dispel fear which comes from Malak Standard smile BUG!
Message 5 of 10 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had something similar happen recently. The fight does happen quickly, so it is difficult to tell if GG has fear or not. I am going to run the flight slowly to see if I can recognize whether fear happens or not.

Message 6 of 10 (1,662 Views)

★ Guide

Not true.  Fear can't be dispelled, period.   This is the description for Gnawing Terror mechanic:

For All from Enemy Side who are Alive
  Where an active effect has taguniqueability_darthmalak01_fear_marker
  Applies a Paralysis effect to the target(s)
  Effect is unresistable
Descriptive: no_assist, countable_special_debuff, fear_debuff
Effect expires on: Full Turn Complete, Pre Receive Damage (physical_damage) ,Pre Receive Damage (special_damage),

Pre Receive Damage(unmitigable_damage), Pre Receive Damage(effect_expire_damage), Death, Encounter End
Context Returned: Target(s) and if effect succeeded in applying

Note, it doesn't say anything about being dispelled and if you look on the page, the icon has a lock on it, meaning it can't be dispelled/cleansed.

Message 7 of 10 (1,653 Views)

@hunchew what you say is correct, but the skill description of Gnawing Terror in-game doesn't say anything about "can't be dispelled." The Fear debuff itself is defined in-game, but doesn't have a "can't be dispelled" criteria - so it looks like either Malak's Gnawing Terror Fear should be dispellable...or the description is just missing that segment.
It currently IS a locked debuff, but that doesn't match the description, and that's what SrkiSrbija is saying.

★★★ Novice

I just had the same problem, planned my strategy out based on the descriptions on the game only for my team to be wiped out with me barely getting a go.

Message 9 of 10 (1,401 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had this exact problem in multiple GAC battles against Bugs who don't have a "Fear" mechanic. I've been been and to get Metalloid Monstrosity to work in GAC, HAAT or HSTR 

Message 10 of 10 (1,334 Views)