Original Post

Accepted Solution

General Grievous -50% defense leadership not being applied

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone X
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug General Grievous leadership ability is not being applied. We can prove the -50% defense in particular, with the following steps: (B1 Battle Droid works best for this because its damage is non-crit and fairly consistent.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Pick a PvE or PvP matchup, one that you can repeat. 2) Enter the battle with General Grievous in the ALLY slot, put someone like B2 that has no leadership ability in the leader slot. Have B1 Battle Droid as an ally. (it helps to make B1 fast and all other allies slow, so B1 goes first) 3) When B1 Battle Droid has a turn, use its AOE attack. Note and record the damage. (In my case, my B1 fully geared with G12+ and offense mods deals around 14-15k non-crit AOE damage.) 4) Forfeit the battle, back out, and re-enter the battle but this time put General Grievous in the LEADER slot. 5) Again, use B1 Battle Droid's AOE attack and note the damage. Even with -50% defense supposedly being applied to enemies, there is no change in B1's damage. I would expect damage to be much higher.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Message 1 of 7 (2,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: General Grievous -50% defense leadership not being applied

★★ Novice

See here:

We have also seen reports that General Grievous’ Leadership, Daunting Presence, is not decreasing the enemy team’s armor but we didn’t find any issues during our investigation and given the damage variance of all attacks and the way armor is calculated, many characters, such as B1, already have enough defensive penetration naturally to overcome the damage mitigation from armor without any assistance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196194/general-grievous-leadership-and-da...

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,261 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

So I've heard from someone else that "ALLY" slot means the 6th slot in light side/dark side battles.  This is not what I meant by "ALLY" slot.

Please read "ALLY" slot as "NON-LEADER" slot.  This bug applies to PvP as well, where there is no 6th slot.

Message 2 of 7 (1,966 Views)

★★ Novice

Not a bug. B1 has the highest armor penetration in the game of almost 400. 

If your target has less than 400 armor you are already ignoring all of it. The 50% thing is useless. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is a bug.  I have tested it with not only B1, but with every other droid on that team.  They are all doing the same damage whether or not GG is leading. 

The only reason I suggested B1 is because his damage is easier to follow on-screen.  You can run the same test for any of them.

Message 4 of 7 (1,314 Views)

★★ Novice

Works for me with B2 who has low armor penetration. Do this in arena where proper armor stats exist. In most PVE game modes opponents have abnormally low armor compared to PVP. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,289 Views)

★★ Novice

See here:

We have also seen reports that General Grievous’ Leadership, Daunting Presence, is not decreasing the enemy team’s armor but we didn’t find any issues during our investigation and given the damage variance of all attacks and the way armor is calculated, many characters, such as B1, already have enough defensive penetration naturally to overcome the damage mitigation from armor without any assistance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196194/general-grievous-leadership-and-da...

Message 6 of 7 (1,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Even if that is true... (which I can tell by simple playtesting that it's not), it would mean that they put a highly useless stat on GG's leadership, if droids on the team were already armor pen capped.

Doesn't seem very helpful does it?  And it still doesn't explain why literally NO ONE can reproduce the damage seen in the promo vids.  Something clearly went wrong on release day.  They are just not admitting it.  If they continue to hide this, I will lose all respect for them as a company.   A lot of people might quit over this.

Message 7 of 7 (1,221 Views)