★ Guide

Thanks

Message 23 of 28 (1,069 Views)

Gate "jumps" into the air and stays there when trying to place it on a fence

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSIONS: Cats & Dogs, Discover University, Island Living, Snowy Escape GAME PACKS: Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille STUFF PACKS: Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, try placing a fencegate on a fence. Does not matter whether this is on a platform, deck or room; it happens on every fence and gate.
What happens when the bug occurs? In build mode, the gate "jumps" up into the air (way above the ceiling limit of the room/deck you're placing the gate on) and stays there rather than is planted on the fence like intended.
What do you expect to see? A gate hovering in the air rather than sticking to a fence.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Gate can be seen at the top of the screen in the air rather than on the fence

In case the image doesn't work, here's a link to the screenshot 

Message 24 of 28 (1,127 Views)

Re: Gates Float when placed on fences

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too

Message 25 of 28 (1,015 Views)

Re: Gate "jumps" into the air and stays there when trying to place it

★★ Pro
@eerikaah01 What I've had to do to get gate to place where I want is to remove fence and, using MOO, carefully slide gate in just so, then replace any fencing around it to make it look right.

It can be finicky; so, patience and the sledgehammer tool are your friends.
Message 26 of 28 (968 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place gate on fence on edge of platform

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have an issue with fences on the edge of platforms. This is my favourite fence and this happens when placing it on platform: 

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 9.57.41 pm.png

Message 27 of 28 (903 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't place gate on fence on edge of platform

★★★ Newbie

I think I fixed this I'm not sure but I found that it will work if I don't have a complete fence. Like for example when you put a fence down, DONT enclose it, keep it open and then try placing it. If that doesn't work try deleting one square block fence and then place it. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but I did it and it worked but only works when I do that. So maybe it will help. 

Message 28 of 28 (559 Views)