Gate appearing way above fence

by SportsGirls2042

Original Post

Gate appearing way above fence

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits except for the Modern Menswear kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place a gate on a fence (Found when replacing the fence and gate around The Old Salt House in San Myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fence gets a blank opening (no posts or anything) and the gate appears about three stories in the air above
What do you expect to see? The gate appear in the fence
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was just trying to change the fence and gate around The Old Salt House when this started happening. It doesn't matter what fence I used or what gate I used, it looked like the gate was just invisible. Then I zoomed out and saw the gate way high in the air. I tried to place it again while I was zoomed out and it looked like it vanished again, only for me to see it even higher in the air after zooming out more. I tried to find another post to put this on, but couldn't find one that described the same thing.

Message 1 of 4 (273 Views)

Re: Gate appearing way above fence

Hero
@SportsGirls2042 Have you been using moveObjects `? There's this issue that looks similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-A-SV-Gate-removes-fences/td-p/8006531/ although I'm not sure if the gate actually appeared in the air for these users.

Think there was also a thread with the door going higher and higher any time you click on it but I need to look for the thread for that tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did see that one when I was looking, but the fence doesn't disappear or stay disappeared. If I delete the gate, it all looks normal again. And I don't know about the moving door one - it sounds like it could be similar, but the gate only moves up when I try to move it or place it again and it just keeps moving up just past where I've zoomed. I did have moveobjects on, but turning it off was the first thing I did and it didn't fix it. It's not the end of the world or anything, I just thought it was weird and had never found anything like it. I've repaired my game since (the whole left/right arrow keys thing makes me do that all the time), but the gate is still being weird, so I have no idea.

Message 3 of 4 (241 Views)

Hero
@SportsGirls2042 So I found the thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-ascending-in-build-buy-every-time-they-re/td... .. it's an older issue and doesn't have any traffic for a while though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)