Re: Games Crash

by swgameplayer

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi all, today we pushed a Hotfix which addresses the stuck on "Loading Cantina" and crashing issue which some of you encountered after the 26/02/2018 update. This Hotfix forces all devices to re-download assets (graphics and animations, etc).

More details can be found here:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160473/content-update-hf-2-27-2018

Message 21 of 37 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Edit: Game constantly crashing again today for me and a few others in my guild. I finally got it to work yesterday after so many reinstalls, yet same problem again today. At the start of every battle it crashes. I can't even go to my Character page without the game crashing. I've reinstalled, changed WiFi, cleared data and cache, yet still the problem persists. I've played for over a year and I've never been this frustrated with the game...please figure out some kind of actual fix for the issue.
Edit 2: As of my latest complete reset I can't even get past loading cantina. I never had a single issue with this game before the latest update and praised it to multiple people (who played daily until the latest update made it impossible to play)
Edit 3: As of the newest update, I can load the game and can sim, but still can't manually battle or load my Character page. Getting better, but still not fixed yet.
Message 22 of 37 (574 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did a completely fresh re-install today after clearing cache and data. Game loaded and downloaded all content and updates. I still have significant issues over time where the performance of the cantina gets increasingly worse until it becomes impossible to navigate due to lag. Worked fine before update even when app left open all day long. Id suggest the 02/26 update has introduced some serious memory leak or memory performance type issues. Guess ill play something else until fixed / if fixed. 

Message 23 of 37 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

- Ally Code: 722-643-521
- Device Model and OS: iPad Air2 and iPhone SE both have the latest iOS 11.2.6
- Country/Region: USA/Central
- Are you using Mobile Data or Wi-Fi?: Wi-Fi
- Name of the internet provider: AT&T DSL

After the the quality of life update 02/28/18, the game constantly crashes downloading the 13MB update. It won’t download on either of my devices. I’ve tried reinstalling the game on my iPad, changed my device name and restarted my devices multiple times.

4091DD15-2AFC-4DCE-865F-7162A00651C9.png
Message 24 of 37 (528 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine is now working this morning 03/01 when i opened app it looked to re-download again 5mb then 19mb. Cantina is running smoothly again. I think my issue with the Cantina lagging so much was perhaps something to do with game downloading assets in background, Devs might know more, but good work for fixing it so quickly! 

Message 25 of 37 (484 Views)

EA Live QV Team
Glad to hear you got it fixed @WerkGuy and are back in the game! And yes, your assumption might be correct regarding the assets being downloaded in the background.
Message 26 of 37 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have 2 versions on an Ipad and Samsung S6.....it cannot be both my devices since they are only connected as allies. It doesn't matter whether it is mobile data or a solid wifi.
Message 27 of 37 (453 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ally Code: 423-374-755
Device Model and OS: iPhone 6s+/iOS 11.2.6
Country/Region: USA
Are you using Mobile Data or Wi-Fi? WI-FI
Name of the internet provider: Hawaiiantel
Any additional details? Crashes 100% of the time. Does not progress pass ‘Cantina Loading’ page
Message 28 of 37 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Finally, the game downloaded all of the updates. Although, some crashes still occurs when I access my Guild Raid pages. 

** EDIT **

I can confirm that my game is stable now and I have yet to experiencing any crashes. Thanks for the hot fix and the new characters, especially Visas Mar !

Message 29 of 37 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Looks like i spoke too soon yesterday. After a day of normal play yesterday i opened the app this morning to an 8mb Download followed b a 16MB download. Game just crashes after downloading the 16MB file. Looks like a common issue.

** Edit **

I cleared cache, cleared data and re-installed app and am back in. EA it seems everytime there is a new content / hotfix or Patch released it has issues just installing the new content leaving me having to completely fresh install. Its a work around granted but a pretty annoying one.

** Edit **

Exited game, tried to re-launch it, now freezes on the loading Cantina screen. So back to where I was a few days ago I think.

Message 30 of 37 (416 Views)