Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Main gameplay screen.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/20/19
Summarize your bug I updated my game for the patch and when I logged back in and went into Freeplay I noticed that I have less health and no shield than I did before the update. My green health bar is in thirds, while before it was split into 5 or 6 portions, and my shield bar is gone. I changed javelins to Storm, who I had played for most of the game until this point, and the same thing occurred. My gear is all above level 36 and gives health boosts of around +500 to armor and shield.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, maybe test the game before an update.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have no shield and less health.
What should be happening instead? I should have shield and more health.

The game becomes impossible to play now at harder difficulties. I have tried repairing my game, switching javelins, and changing the components and nothing is working. In fact, the bug got worse during my troubleshooting. I used to have a shield and just the less health, but I lost my shield somewhere along the line.

Message 1 of 193 (17,246 Views)

Re: Gamebreaking Health Bug

★★★★★ Novice

Your lucky. After the update Anthem wont launch at all on my PC. Nice patch.

Message 2 of 193 (17,185 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm furious now, the bug is still occurring for all javelins despite me equipping all new components. I feel like I have just wasted $80 and 30 hours of my life for nothing. I know players who played as Colossus during the Beta had the same issue.

Message 3 of 193 (17,154 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on my Interceptor. Prior to the patch my health was 6-8 bars, I don't recall exactly, but now I only have 3 bars. Maybe I missed something in the patch notes? Also my animation selections are not saving to what I choose.

Message 4 of 193 (17,128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I still have shields at the moment, but my health has halved since the patch. I have tried similar stuff to the OP and luckily mine hasn't gone down yet, but now I have read this I assume it will.

Message 5 of 193 (17,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same thing with my Interceptor. I had two Masterwork inscriptions, and a health bar that was easily 17 bars or more. Now it's only 7 bars and it's not merely a UI change; my Interceptor is now much, much squishier than it should be, making Grandmaster difficulty runs nearly impossible.

Message 6 of 193 (17,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here on Storm. Grandmaster 1 last night was doable on power level 408 with several bars of health and now at 412 it's squishy. Noticed my shields going down much quicker too.

Message 7 of 193 (17,088 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Just had this bugs also, went from having 20 hp bars to just 3 in my ranger.
Now the game is unplayable as everything oneshots me. Cant fix it. Have restarted game, unequiping all gear and equiping again. Changing javalins, etc. NOW all my javelins have less hp...
Message 8 of 193 (17,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same, logged out last night with 10 bars, this morning I had 5.

Message 9 of 193 (17,010 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

My shield came back, but it will go away sometimes. The health bug still occurs.

Message 10 of 193 (16,884 Views)