by EA_Charlie

Original Post

Game won't open on OS Sierra for certain macs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I just tried to open it again and so it's all the way updated now, but has been happening since Nov 12 update and DU
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Spooky Stuff and the forthcoming Tiny Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a late 2016 Mac running Sierra, as everyone in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-does-not-launch-in-macOS-Sierra/m-p/8417999#M2... I have a 2016 MBP OSX Sierra 10.12.6 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB This IS a metal setup so I don't want to install legacy.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will not open - screen goes black, then half black (right side) and half regular screen. As in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-does-not-launch-in-macOS-Sierra/m-p/8417999#M2...
What do you expect to see? The game running.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 12 Update

Please do not move to the Mac forum. This is not a "troubleshooting aka user error" problem, this is a problem with the game itself. "Troubleshooting" won't fix it because the only solution is to upgrade OS (which I can't do due to work programs), or play the game on another HD (which is inconvenient, and what I am currently doing).

Message 1 of 2 (323 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Game won't open on OS Sierra for certain macs

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @valiantdistracts,

This topic is discussed in this main discussion where you already posted: Sims 4 does not launch in macOS Sierra. To avoid any duplicate conversation, I will close this one and invite you pursue your discussion in the previous one. 

Please keep in mind that posting several posts concerning the same topic in different discussions can be considered as spam:

• Don't spam or flood boards. That means don't post disruptive numbers of messages, meme, gifs and images e.g.: posting the same message in multiple forums, or sending the same DM multiple times. Spamming can include:
    • Bumping threads or messages: Doing this once or twice is fine. Multiple bumps in a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps wisely.
    • Post blank or 'no text' messages: You won't receive an answer if your question is unclear.
    • Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.

Thank you. 

Charlie.png

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)