Re: Game won't load

by maverick614D

Original Post

Game won't load

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Both my iPhone and iPad
OS Version iOS 14.5.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 861578881
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The game is stuck on the Loading Cantina screen. I update the game last night and now every time I try to open it on any device it is stuck on this screen. I update all software on both my iPhone and iPad and still stuck on the screen. Tried * Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country China

The game is stuck on the Loading Cantina screen. I update the game last night and now every time I try to open it on any device it is stuck on this screen. I update all software on both my iPhone and iPad and still stuck on the screen. Tried reinstalling the game but still stuck. Tried both Wifi and data, also tried a VPN, nothing worked. The game won't load.

IMG_91683794BD3F-1.jpeg
Message 1 of 8 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @welcomefore 

There are a few things you can try that have worked in the past for this and similar issues.

• Change your connection type. For example, if you are using WIFI, connect to a 3G/4G (data) connection and launch the game again.
  • Clear your game cache - Android | iOS
  • Changing your system language to the same language as your store region can get you past the 'Loading Cantina' screen so you can continue to play.
    eg. if your store is in France, change your language to French.

We have able brought this to the teams attention for further investigation.

Message 2 of 8 (333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlide wrote:

Hi @welcomefore 

There are a few things you can try that have worked in the past for this and similar issues.

• Change your connection type. For example, if you are using WIFI, connect to a 3G/4G (data) connection and launch the game again.
  • Clear your game cache - Android | iOS
  • Changing your system language to the same language as your store region can get you past the 'Loading Cantina' screen so you can continue to play.
    eg. if your store is in France, change your language to French.

Is this all you respond? I talked to EA support via live chat and they said it has something to do with the update and that it’s being worked on. How are you responding with this in good conscious? The rewards/double drops/events/TW we are going to miss out on is very frustrating. Especially after buying crystals from you to specifically boost double drops, etc. 

Message 3 of 8 (329 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried all the trouble shootings steps you mention plus a few others, nothing has worked. I went to EA Help and talked to someone on the live chat. She told me to report a bug, which I've already done. Here it is a day later and still no solution. I can't play the game.

Message 4 of 8 (296 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@welcomefore I have done the exact same thing. EA support sent me here. 29 hours off the game, during the May 4th/5th double drops, which is disappointing.

Hoping to see some CG support here other than the vanilla response, but nothing yet. :/ After such a good road ahead post, and great fixes lately, this is certainly a bummer. At least some communication that the team is looking at it would be good. Radio silence is always the worst option.
Message 5 of 8 (275 Views)

★★★ Novice

@maverick614D I was very annoyed and upset at the beginning b/c of the double drops and TW but now I just really want to play. I've been playing since nearly launch and never missed a day. It'd be nice to get a personal response with some actually advise other than the normal troubleshooting steps but I understand there is only so much that can be done from support. Hopefully the devs fix the issue soon and we can get back to playing.

Message 6 of 8 (272 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_UltraSlide ,

So, I read some of the other post with players that are having a similar problem. It appears I'm one of the players that was reset to level 1. I found this information out by logging onto my profile onto https://swgoh.gg. Is there any information as to when this problem will be fixed. This will be 2 full days I've missed as I still cannot load the game.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 2.19.39 PM.png
Message 7 of 8 (254 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem- I cant log in and have been reset to level 1! what can i do?

894-491-986 

Message 8 of 8 (241 Views)