Re: Game won't launch after the 2.0 patch

by Dacen_Thren

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@Paodokwrote:

@Lucien1969   You don't deserve for this to happen to you. None of you do, this is something that usually happens to me and my Charlie Brown luck. Because this patch "broke" your game, I would think they would have a quick PC only update they could whip up for Y'all. I say that because it wouldn't be fair for you to wait a week for approval on a fix that clearly is keeping a huge section of the Star Wars Battlefront community offline.

- Paodok

@Paodokthanks 

Message 61 of 181 (1,567 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Atic I can log in to Origin, but I can no longer try and log in to Battlefront 2. Everytime I do, the error message (I've posted a screenshot earlier) shows up and tells me my account was logged in from too many devices recently. But I only use one computer for gaming and Battlefront 2 is only installed on said computer.

Before it showed up for the first time, I tried a lot of restarting Origin, restarting my PC, run Origin and Battlefront 2 as admin etc., because it just didn't want to start, like others described. I also reset my internet connection - which in general I could see as a reason for Origin to think I'm on a different PC now, but even so, it would have only been a second PC, not "too many", plus I've reset my connection before without that causing any issues.
Message 62 of 181 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

In my opinion it is game activation issue which has been lost with update.

I can not play only Battlefront 2 either online or offline.

In offline attempt game require every time activation but still doesn't start at all.

I get this game by online purchase.

Message 63 of 181 (1,510 Views)

★ Guide
@Baragorath Yeah, I forgot to mention that. It even shows me the "too many devices" error when I'm taking Origin into offline mode and/or disable my wifi.
Message 64 of 181 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So i have to create account and buy a second game for playing in main account.. Where is developer????????

Message 65 of 181 (1,474 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried what someone said here. Got a friend to login who also owns the game, and launched it. Now it works for me as well. Very strange. Hope the info helps

Message 66 of 181 (1,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

[edit: Comment removed] - Don't ask for other peoples account.  - Atic  

Message 67 of 181 (1,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

okay, done everything, removed everything, including hidden files, reinstalled everything new, no succes,

got someone else to log in for me, no succes,

licensing is okay in the log files

it's only affecting PC version of the game

so what's next??

Message 68 of 181 (1,237 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @Lord_St4rkill3r thanks for the information! Standard smile

Could you tell us what steps you took to do this, for example: 1,2.3 ?

/Atic
Message 69 of 181 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same issue here but i got error message says: Too many computers have accessed this account's version of STAR WAR™ Battlefront™ II recently. Please try again later.

Message 70 of 181 (1,143 Views)