Re: Infinite Loading Screen Upon Completion of Mission 8: PS4

by Shadowjones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game will not allow me to complete Mission 8 (PS4)

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fro_J
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Story Mode, Mission 8
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Game is stuck on a black loading screen after completing Mission 8, does not advance to next cutscene or medals.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Upon returning to the ISD Overseer after completing the mission.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.10.20 19:22
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Game stays stuck on a black screen with only the loading square in the bottom-right corner, does not continue progress.
What do you expect to see? The post mission cutscene (if there is one), and the mission complete/medals page.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Tie Interceptor (no other choice)
What components were you using? N/A
Which customizations (if any) were you using? N/A

Upon returning to the ISD Overseer, the screen turns to a black loading screen with repeating BGM and the loading square indicator in the bottom-right, but stays stuck on that screen and does not advance to the medals page.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Message 1 of 10 (1,811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game will not allow me to complete Mission 8 (PS4)

★★ Novice
@FroJ_Simpson05 Retry from checkpoint (controls will be locked) then return to hangar(It'll have the same loading screen bug). Close application and open it up. Continue the mission and you'll be good to go.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,760 Views)

All Replies

Mission 8 Infinite Load/ No Ship Control on Restart

★★★ Newbie

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ShockChris
Please explain 'Other' Mission 8
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Completed story mission 8. Flew into the hangar, screen turned black with load symbol. Nothing happens.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Story Mission 8
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3.10.20.11.35
What happens when the bug occurs? Completed story mission 8. Flew into the hangar, screen turned black with load symbol. Nothing loads, restarted from check point. Have no control of ship what so ever. Can't fly into hanger to complete mission.
What do you expect to see? Ability to complete mission and have control over ship.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Interceptor
What components were you using? Defaults
Which customizations (if any) were you using? Defaults

Message 2 of 10 (1,727 Views)

★★ Novice
@FroJ_Simpson05 Retry from checkpoint (controls will be locked) then return to hangar(It'll have the same loading screen bug). Close application and open it up. Continue the mission and you'll be good to go.
Message 3 of 10 (1,761 Views)

Re: Mission 8 Infinite Load/ No Ship Control on Restart

★ Novice
@ShockChris33 I had this issue happen twice in a row. Suspending and resuming the ps4/game had no effect. Restarting the mission from the start to completion had the same result.

I was able to get past it after leaving my second attempt to complete the mission at the last, broken, checkpoint. I closed the game, and instead of selecting the mission hit 'continue story' and was able to control my ship again at the final checkpoint, and for whatever reason it didn't halt on the end-mission loading screen this time. Good luck!
Message 4 of 10 (1,671 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Need to fix this bug 

Message 5 of 10 (1,726 Views)

game freezes on mission 8&9

★★★★★ Novice

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? madvic210
Please explain 'Other' Story mode
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I completed the mission and returned to the hangar of the capital ship before the dialogue was finished and it froze showing the captions at the bottom of screen and a infinite loading square in corner but never did anything I was able to pause menu and push restart from last checkpoint but then I had no controls and the ship just flew straight and I couldn’t do anything. I had to close application and restart the game same thing on the next mission again went to checkpoint before dialogue ended and again froze
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Story mode
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/08/2020
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? game freezes
What do you expect to see? To be fixed hate having to close game and restart
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Tie int
What components were you using? Basics
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None

I completed the mission and returned to the hangar of the capital ship before the dialogue was finished and it froze showing the captions at the bottom of screen and a infinite loading square in corner but never did anything I was able to pause menu and push restart from last checkpoint but then I had no controls and the ship just flew straight and I couldn’t do anything. I had to close application and restart the game same thing on the next mission again went to checkpoint before dialogue ended and again froze. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,686 Views)

Infinite Loading Screen Upon Completion of Mission 8: PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I purchased the game Pre-Order and have had it for about a week. Upon the completion of Mission 8 I get the black loading screen that will not progress any further. I have left the system on for a few hours and still no dice, just loading. It actually sounds like there is some sort of glitch and the music just repeats the same 6-7 seconds. I have taken the disc out to inspect and it is as clean as a bacta tank, not a scratch on it. I am wondering if this is a bug or if there are any resolutions so that I may continue the game without losing any data, Please advise.

Thanks, 

VonBetz

Message 7 of 10 (1,691 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is a known common issue they are working on a fix for.

Some possible solutions are making sure the game is installed on your internal hard drive. Squadrons dislikes some external drives if you are using one. Try disconnecting the external.

Some people have also had luck with a clean install although I dont see how this logically could help currently as there isn't an overload of patch data. Maybe worth a try as well.

Good luck! Space needs you!

Message 8 of 10 (1,683 Views)

Mission 8 - Completing the Level Loading Bug

★★★ Newbie

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ClassyPoundz
Please explain 'Other' End of Mission 8
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. When I am about to finish Mission 8 and I fly back to the Overseer, the game does not progress to the Mission Complete/Medals page. Instead, I get stuck at the loading screen. I can go to the options menu and restart from last checkpoint, but when I do, I have no control over my ship. It flies straight and I can't move it. I have only been able to progress by closing out the game, and restarting it. From there, I can continue the mission and complete it. This has happened to my three times trying to play this mission. All three times, I have only been able to complete it by closing out the game and booting it back up. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see this issue on the known issues, so I may be the only one. But I thought I would share.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. As soon as I fly back to the Overseer at the end of Mission 8, the game goes to a loading screen and stays there. It does not progress to the Mission Complete/Medals page.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.2020
What happens when the bug occurs? Infinite loading screen. I can go to the Start Menu and select restart from last checkpoint and when I do, the mission goes back to the end of the level where you need to fly back to the Overseer. However, at this point, I have no control over my ship. It flies straight and it will not move. I need to restart the game by closing it out and loading back in. Only then will the mission progress.
What do you expect to see? When I completed a mission I expect to see the Mission Complete/Medals page.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." I believe Interceptor. I think that's the only ship you can fly during that mission.
What components were you using? I don't remember. Probably default.
Which customizations (if any) were you using? NA

All the information I have can be found above in the questions. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Vonbetz I'm having the same issue and I wish I would hear something. I would like to finish the damn story
Message 10 of 10 (1,637 Views)