by dieulinh2307

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Game stuck at loading screen when entering CAS via Simology Tab

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all except Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle and High School Years Game packs: all except Jungle Adventure, My Wedding Stories, Stars Wars, Stranger Ville, Vampires and Werewolves Stuff Pack: all except Backyard, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Knitting, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Tiny Living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter "Create a Sim" via the Simology tab
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes at loading screen forever. I have to end the task using Task Manager
What do you expect to see? No frozen game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens sometimes when I enter "Create a Sims" mode via the Simology tab. It never gets to the CAS screen and stops at the big plumbob spinning. The bug's been here for a while but I can't remember when I started having it.

Thanks for reading!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,210 Views)

Re: Game stuck at loading screen when entering CAS via Simology Tab

Hero
@dieulinh2307 Did you test a new save to see if it's related to your save game or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually created a new game and tried entering CAS for about 30 times using the Simology tab and it loaded smoothly. I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with the other saved game...

Message 3 of 9 (1,188 Views)

Hero
@dieulinh2307 It's possible. Is it always different Sims you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,174 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it happens on random sims when I switch among households. Maybe I’ll keep an eye on the issue to see if there’s anything in common

Message 5 of 9 (1,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this issue as well. For me it started happening after the latest patch.

Message 6 of 9 (1,149 Views)

Hero
@iiina95 Is it reproducible for every Sims all the time or is there a pattern ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,145 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It only happens with some of my households, but I haven't been able to see a pattern.
Message 8 of 9 (1,134 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Your Config.log (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be helpful. Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (661 Views)