by JumLx38

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Game still freezes once a day

★★★ Apprentice

Got another freeze checking guild menu

Message 31 of 50 (535 Views)

@JumLx38 What version of OxygenOS are you running? 9.0.6? The OnePlus3 model phone was discontinued over 3 years ago, so the software and hardware are likely outdated, even if the hardware specs still meet the minimums.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013 tell that to all that don't use a oneplus. And the last update I have on my phone is dated last November. 

Don't think the blame is from my phone. Never had any problems with heavy games before (and I don't consider swgoh heavy), there is a serious problem of memory management, and I'm sure that devs are adding more things over a bugged base (it's very normal to do this in technology)

And the way you're saying is that the game is only good for most recent phones, so we have to keep up? That is absurd in my opinion.

The game was already bugged way before my last OS update. 

And in game downloads there are no remarks about OS version.

What this game needs is someone dedicated into memory and process management, that identifies which processes are causing the peaks. 

Best regards and I'll keep you posted with more freezes. 

Screenshot_20200225-102516.jpg
Message 33 of 50 (507 Views)

@JumLx38 If the problem was a bug, every player with a OnePlus would be having similar daily freezes. Is everyone else using a OnePlus having similar issues, yet you are the only person willing to report it?
If you're the only one experiencing the freezes, then it's something about your specific phone. That would not constitute a "bug" - because EA isn't responsible for other software installed in your device, or potential hardware defects on your phone.
A bug means software that is not behaving as intended. Most crashes and freezes aren't bugs. They need to be reproducible on demand or have significant reports with a common thread (e.g. a bunch of players with the same model phone)

You can keep posting them here, but if you're the only person with this problem then I'm afraid your just wasting your time.

Maybe try a factory reset of your phone, then install swgoh as the only app and see if that fixes your issue.

★ Apprentice

"but if you're the only person with this problem then I'm afraid your just wasting your time."

@GladOS-013 are you reading the posts or skipping to the end?

Second page here, at least different 3 people posting about this.

On top of that there a loads of posts regarding freezing interface:

Search on forums for "freeze" or just click on the link

https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filte...

Message 35 of 50 (484 Views)

@pkarampis I read pretty much all the posts on here. Every player occasionally experiences a freeze or a crash or an error message.

However this thread is not about occasional crashes - this one player is claiming that these are a literal daily occurrence and had decided to spam the forums with constant posts about them. Nobody else is making such dramatic claims about a high volume of crashes, so the likelihood of the studio spending a bunch of time and effort investigating one person is low - especially when an application of Occam's Razor leads to the conclusion that it's just this player's device.

★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013, was never my intention to "spam" the forums with my post, what I'm reporting is small crashes that no one will do, they are more focused on occasional crashes that will throw away an important fight.

I know how to stop crashes before big battles, just close all cashed apps before going into a fight, specially one with Geos or jedis with revan lead. And when it starts to get slow stop until it gets normal speed.

There is an issue that players are tired to report, not daily, but constantly, and if EA or CG wants, we are here to help. 

Not doing this to annoying you or anyone else, just wanted to see how much time would it take to get some traction, and raise some voice.

I know you are just a volunteer, but it's already better then nothing. 

Already getting to long on my post so, 

Best regards and have a wonderful day 🙂👍

Message 37 of 50 (458 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 I also have a one plus and this happens to me regularly. I've posted about it before and I've seen many post about this issue. I large amount of people have had them and it's been going on for months.
Message 38 of 50 (398 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a 3 month old pixel 3 and the game freezes up at least 5 times a day.  

Freezes in battles, freezes while swapping to guild screen.  Freezes everywhere basically.

This issue existed on my prior phone as well... Samsung Galaxy s8.  

Message 39 of 50 (348 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's ONE of today's multiple freezes

Screenshot_20200306-200727.png
Message 40 of 50 (311 Views)