Re: Game/sims Lagging, Stuck After Cottage Living Download

by FridaLouiseS

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh wait - there isn't a fix yet though... See Maxis / EA NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS AND HELP US!!! 

Message 11 of 18 (670 Views)

★★ Guide
@magyar1380 They don't Care about Us. Clearly.
Message 12 of 18 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That is my gather! I love playing the Sims 4 - it is my favorite game - I play it almost everyday - BUT only if it is working correctly... Painful Lags and I don't play and I WON'T buy!

Message 13 of 18 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bubonickitten I believe you are correct! When I went to my other households - there were just tons and tons of them - they all had names for the households BUT after the ones I created basically - they were just blank - no faces or images would pop-up. Does this sounds like what you are experiencing as well? If so - I don't understand why EA / Maxis is not acknowledging this, commenting on it, and coming up with a resolution?
Message 14 of 18 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

1) when my sims are changing levels or using stairs at any time the camera must be on the same level or they’ll just stand at the top or the bottom of the stairs. This can get really frustrating with larger households, as no one can autonomously do anything without me constantly checking that they made it up/down the stairs. It took me forever to figure out why it took so long for my sims to do things, and then I realized they were standing by the stairs all day!

I've been experiencing this too and I thought I was losing it. Like, my Sim will finish what they're doing and, because I don't have anything else queued up for them, start walking upstairs to get a glass of water from the bathroom sink. (Yes, my Sims are still absolutely obsessed with water. But that's a whole different thing.) I'll cancel the action while he's on the stairs and tell him come back and do something on the main floor instead. 10-15 game minutes later, he's still upstairs so I go up a level to see what's taking him so long and find that he's right at the top of the stairs about to come down.

Once would be just good timing, but this happens over and over again. Sims will take longer than I expect to come down after doing something upstairs, and every time I go to check on them, they're right at the top of the stairs and about to take their first step on the way down.

It's impossible to tell what they're doing up there because, as soon as the camera can 'see' them, they do what I expect them to do. But I'm guessing they get to the top of the first step and then just freeze. (If I pause the game, they're frozen mid-step, not standing still with arms out or at their sides like they'd been reset.) It's super weird. I guess I'll be playing on one-level houses for a while.

Message 15 of 18 (525 Views)

★★ Novice

Is anyone else still having this problem?

Message 16 of 18 (468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, seems the latest update didn't do anything to fix it 

Message 17 of 18 (431 Views)

★ Apprentice
@lorna_eliz375 Yes. I just got Cottage Living this month (February) and I have more lagging now than before. (And some bugs that don’t belong in this thread but are very annoying too.)
I have mods and a large save file, but I have not had problems like this before. The mods are updated and have not been problematic before, and I was playing this save before CL without lagging or freezing or crashing. All which are happening now.
When I click the computer or refrigerator it takes a few seconds before I even get the menu up. Other things are fine though..?
I’m in Henford on Bagley playing the Watsons (the premade 5 sim family).
Raining also causes severe lag.
Why did I even buy this game? I was reading reviews and they were so positive. Why don’t reviewers mention the bugs and how unplayable it is?
It was the same with SE. The mountain excursion is still broken.
Message 18 of 18 (334 Views)